• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just heard reason for Woolard's departure

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

An update and clairification....

You guys can believe me or not. I went to USF, graduated in 03 with a major in poli sci, lived in beta hall first year then Fontana. I love the bulls, have been to a ton of games since undergraduate and work at a small law firm in Tampa. I normally lurk, this is the first time I have info... And to be clear, I HATE UCif....

On to the news- talked to my buddy, here is some further background:

- there are indeed NCAA infractions being looked into for MBB, but they are nothing major.

- this put DW on the hot seat, but wasn't a fireable offense.

- the Disney school is indeed in talks w b12 but nothing is final yet.

- USF got wind because DW had an unofficial agreement with the Orlando School that we would be a package deal. The other day UCif called them and told them the deal was off, blaming it on the NCAA infractions.

- when BOT found out about the broken agreement + infractions + b12, they had enough with DW.

- this isn't out yet bc B12 and ucifers have kept it tightly under wraps. USF admin, now that they know, have no such obligation.

- there is more out there, but my friend doesn't know yet....

No offense, but I dearly hope you and your friend are completely wrong.

He has no friends. If he did, he would have better things to do than come over here acting like a USF fan. It's hilariously pathetic, just like UCF in general.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You guys can believe me or not. I went to USF, graduated in 03 with a major in poli sci, lived in beta hall first year then Fontana. I love the bulls, have been to a ton of games since undergraduate and work at a small law firm in Tampa. I normally lurk, this is the first time I have info... And to be clear, I HATE UCif....

- there are indeed NCAA infractions being looked into for MBB, but they are nothing major.

- USF got wind because DW had an unofficial agreement with the Orlando School that we would be a package deal. The other day UCif called them and told them the deal was off, blaming it on the NCAA infractions.

- when BOT found out about the broken agreement + infractions + b12, they had enough with DW.

- this isn't out yet bc B12 and ucifers have kept it tightly under wraps. USF admin, now that they know, have no such obligation.

I won't believe it in full until Hem corroborates, but I must say, UCF "calling off the deal" because of NCAA infractions is laughable at best. They haven't exactly run a pristine program over there in Orlando.

Aren't the coming off their own probation?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

One other problem. After all the failures of Doug's tenure he never had significant NCAA infractions. I like how when we finally get them, that it ONLY put him on the hot seat, and STILL wasnt enough to terminate. Makes me think the board had as much to do with the fall of USF atletics as dw

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

The Orlando School did get a b12 invite, im feeling sick.

The board and Judy are furious, DW had setup a partnership with them to get an invite and they went behind our back, so he's taking the fall.

This is on top of heat from alumni for football and bball sucking.

I don't like to post much, but this is big news just leaked from a friend in admin...

Are you the kid who slashed his tires?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

UCF beat Baylor... A big XII team.

I would not be shocked if UCF looks more attractive to the big XII. We have two wins and lose to an FCS school while UCF goes on to beat the big 12 champion and have a 1 loss season. UCF looks a lot more ready to compete and have an on campus stadium.

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

I would not be shocked if UCF looks more attractive to the big XII. We have two wins and lose to an FCS school while UCF goes on to beat the big 12 champion and have a 1 loss season. UCF looks a lot more ready to compete and have an on campus stadium.

Wins and losses have nothing to do with it. Rutgers. Pitt. Syracuse. Boise State.

Wins and losses have nothing to do with it. Rutgers. Pitt. Syracuse. Boise State.

How many times does it have to be repeated?

And even if wins and losses had anything to do with it, why would UCF's two or three noteworthy wins in 35 years of playing football be enough to push them over the edge? Yeah, because the Big XII administrators are so clueless that they must assume games played within the past three weeks must represent the way things always were and always will be.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

If that's it and were not part of it, then Cincinnati would be the other AAC member to get an invite for an even add across divisions.

Or BYU. If they get over that Sunday hangup.

Sorry but there is no way that BYU gets over the "Sunday Hangup". Religeous belifs are more important to BYU than conference relaignment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If that's it and were not part of it, then Cincinnati would be the other AAC member to get an invite for an even add across divisions.

Or BYU. If they get over that Sunday hangup.

Sorry but there is no way that BYU gets over the "Sunday Hangup". Religeous belifs are more important to BYU than conference relaignment.

+1, Mormonism would have to get over the, "Sunday Hangup"

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

And even if wins and losses had anything to do with it, why would UCF's two or three noteworthy wins in 35 years of playing football be enough to push them over the edge? Yeah, because the Big XII administrators are so clueless that they must assume games played within the past three weeks must represent the way things always were and always will be.

You are wrong.

Syracuse and Pitt have national championships and history. Those are wins. It's not recent history bit it's still huge. History is big. Not to mention they have elite basketball programs. Boise is not in the footprint of big 12 and the PAC will not take them no matter how much they win. I'll give u Rutgers but their more about increasing tv dollars. WVU rode a couple BCS wins all the way to the b12 and UCF may do the same.

You are wrong.

Syracuse and Pitt have national championships and history. Those are wins. It's not recent history bit it's still huge. History is big. Not to mention they have elite basketball programs. Boise is not in the footprint of big 12 and the PAC will not take them no matter how much they win. I'll give u Rutgers but their more about increasing tv dollars. WVU rode a couple BCS wins all the way to the b12 and UCF may do the same.

So Syracuse and Pitt got in despite sucking lately because of their history.

But UCF is going to the Big XII despite their history of sucking because they had two impressive wins this year.

Got it.

• Upvote 2