• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players don't respect Taggart?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart recuited mitchell wright so not sure your source is reliable.  Go back and watch player interviews from earlier in the season some players didn't dress because some left the team. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

What constitutes respect?

Is there a difference between respect and like? As an example, I had one boss who I absolutely could not stand. My hair stood straight up every time he opened his mouth to speak. I hated his style, his demeanor...everything. But....He got results. No late projects, no redundant fixes and he didn't play favorites (I think he loathed us all equally). Professionally I respected him, but personally didn't like him. Unfortunately, in talking to kids they may not make that distinction.

Unlike in your story, Taggart hasn't gotten much in terms of results.

He is also asking some, perhaps many, to play in positions in a style they were not recruited for.  That would piss me off no doubt.  That kind of thing happens in life all the time.  It is no fun and it is sure to create resentments.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Well most of those players will be gone anyway so good riddance if true. No need for loser mentality on a team. If you don't like your coach that's fine but you still play hard for him. Just keep cleaning out the trash and the results will get better. Joyce and Jenkins anyone

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

They respected the last guy to the tune of 3-9. How about they play hard and smart regardless.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

They respected the last guy to the tune of 3-9. How about they play hard and smart regardless.

Good point.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I like CWT

What I like about him is that he makes it "uncomfortable to lose". . . . . . . . . basically, if the team loses, the next week is tense and uneasy around the athletic complex.  As opposed to CSH who always said, and I quote, "I'm proud of the way we competed", before going into his litany of excuses like humidity, tempo, etc.

Since CWT makes it uncomfortable to lose and this team has been losing a lot, a lot of the guys have to be miserable.  Some will dig deep to see if they can improve the team. . . . . . . . others will cave from CWT's pressure.

Everyone's character was put to the test this year.  Some hung in there. . . . . . . . . some were spotted playing IM football (I still LOL when I think of that).

I am excited by the amount of transfers we'll have this offseason. . . . . .  I really think it will be addition by subtraction.

Edited by Carolina_Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I like CWT

What I like about him is that he makes it "uncomfortable to lose". . . . . . . . . basically, if the team loses, the next week is tense and uneasy around the athletic complex.  As opposed to CSH who always said, and I quote, "I'm proud of the way we competed", before going into his litany of excuses like humidity, tempo, etc.

Clearly that has made a big difference in the won/loss record.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I like CWT

Clearly that has made a big difference in the won/loss record.

By deleting the bottom half of his quote, you left out the relevant part that it will take some player turnover to get there.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

2 - 10

There's nothing to respect.

• Downvote 1