• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What grinds my gears....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

You know what really grinds my gears....

Stupid stupid penalties from the offense, false starts, illigal shifts, illigal formation, holding.....

Less so penalties from the defense, roughing the passer, pass interference....

To me, these are the most frustrating and dissappointing things coming out of this team because it shows lack of basic discipline and exhibits carelessness.

So, what really grinds your gears? Let the frustrations roll....

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,996
  • Days Won:  12

Agreed. Silly juvenile mistakes. This is a roster of 3 stars, i thought. Should be able to at least play mistake free football

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

Driving to Orlando this Friday to watch our team get whooped by a hated opponent.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Driving to Orlando this Friday to watch our team get whooped by a hated opponent.

With any luck, maybe you will have car trouble and miss the game. 

j/k Thanks for representing.  You're a better man than me.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Taking the ball out of the endzone from 5+ yards drop EVERY kickoff!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

A bad clutch...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

All the pre-snap shifting. It's pretty clear the players don't understand the system.  I blame Willie for not simplifying it for the first year.

Also, all the mental mistakes. Catching a pass on the turf over the middle when an incompletion to stop the clock is better, etc. Our players have very low football IQ. I blame Willie for trying to give them too much at once. Need to teach in stages.

I'm not convinced at all that Willie's any better than Skip. Skip did too little, Willie's trying to do too much.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

All the pre-snap shifting. It's pretty clear the players don't understand the system.  I blame Willie for not simplifying it for the first year.

Also, all the mental mistakes. Catching a pass on the turf over the middle when an incompletion to stop the clock is better, etc. Our players have very low football IQ. I blame Willie for trying to give them too much at once. Need to teach in stages.

I'm not convinced at all that Willie's any better than Skip. Skip did too little, Willie's trying to do too much.

Skip had Jim's guys to work with-- willie has Skips -- it is not equivalent. Unless you think Mike White (et al) is as good as BJ Daniels

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I think after seeing the talent we have it probably made the most sense to throw the entire playback at them -- run the full offense to whatever extent is reasonable.  This year was going to be a bust anyway so better to start to get them prepared.  If you run a different or grossly simplified version of what you want in place next year then you loose a year of growth and development.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You know what really grinds my gears....

Stupid stupid penalties from the offense, false starts, illigal shifts, illigal formation, holding.....

Less so penalties from the defense, roughing the passer, pass interference....

To me, these are the most frustrating and dissappointing things coming out of this team because it shows lack of basic discipline and exhibits carelessness.

So, what really grinds your gears? Let the frustrations roll....

I agree with all of these.

And let me add kick returners that return kicks from the end zone instead of taking the ball at the 25 and the coaches that allow it.  I ranted on this in another thread, but we've lost a couple of hundred yards of field position doing this this season.