• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What grinds my gears....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

All the pre-snap shifting. It's pretty clear the players don't understand the system.  I blame Willie for not simplifying it for the first year.

Also, all the mental mistakes. Catching a pass on the turf over the middle when an incompletion to stop the clock is better, etc. Our players have very low football IQ. I blame Willie for trying to give them too much at once. Need to teach in stages.

I'm not convinced at all that Willie's any better than Skip. Skip did too little, Willie's trying to do too much.

I think after seeing the talent we have it probably made the most sense to throw the entire playback at them -- run the full offense to whatever extent is reasonable.  This year was going to be a bust anyway so better to start to get them prepared.  If you run a different or grossly simplified version of what you want in place next year then you loose a year of growth and development.

seems like a system should have certain principles that build upon each other. Otherwise it is all or nothing all the time -- and that system would blow.

You have to have a base package and work from there imo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The offense players not showing any fire or fight. The defensive players would continually come over and shout, "someone needs to step up," and all the offensive starters would do is just hang their heads collectively. It was dismal to watch.

The offense players not showing any fire or fight. The defensive players would continually come over and shout, "someone needs to step up," and all the offensive starters would do is just hang their heads collectively. It was dismal to watch.

That sounds like bullying, let's start a story  - /ESPN idiot

;)

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

All the pre-snap shifting. It's pretty clear the players don't understand the system. I blame Willie for not simplifying it for the first year.

Also, all the mental mistakes. Catching a pass on the turf over the middle when an incompletion to stop the clock is better, etc. Our players have very low football IQ. I blame Willie for trying to give them too much at once. Need to teach in stages.

I'm not convinced at all that Willie's any better than Skip. Skip did too little, Willie's trying to do too much.

I think after seeing the talent we have it probably made the most sense to throw the entire playback at them -- run the full offense to whatever extent is reasonable. This year was going to be a bust anyway so better to start to get them prepared. If you run a different or grossly simplified version of what you want in place next year then you loose a year of growth and development.

seems like a system should have certain principles that build upon each other. Otherwise it is all or nothing all the time -- and that system would blow.

There is a base. It starts with the OL up front. This offense will not be able to build anything if the OL can't open holes and our running game averages less than 2 yards a run.

All the pre-snap shifting. It's pretty clear the players don't understand the system. I blame Willie for not simplifying it for the first year.

I think after seeing the talent we have it probably made the most sense to throw the entire playback at them -- run the full offense to whatever extent is reasonable. This year was going to be a bust anyway so better to start to get them prepared. If you run a different or grossly simplified version of what you want in place next year then you loose a year of growth and development.

There is a base. It starts with the OL up front. This offense will not be able to build anything if the OL can't open holes and our running game averages less than 2 yards a run.

i understand that and was refuting this "throw the entire playbook at them" idea based on how it works

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

You know what really grinds my gears....

Stupid stupid penalties from the offense, false starts, illigal shifts, illigal formation, holding.....

Less so penalties from the defense, roughing the passer, pass interference....

To me, these are the most frustrating and dissappointing things coming out of this team because it shows lack of basic discipline and exhibits carelessness.

So, what really grinds your gears? Let the frustrations roll....

I agree with all of these.

And let me add kick returners that return kicks from the end zone instead of taking the ball at the 25 and the coaches that allow it.  I ranted on this in another thread, but we've lost a couple of hundred yards of field position doing this this season.

I can only think it's out of desperation, since the O can't score.  I have to guess Taggart wants to roll the dice on Dunkley taking one all the way.  Mathematically, it's a poor decision, as it's hard to get to the 25, and so many BAD things can happen (fumbles, penalties, injuries and worse field position).

That's the ONLY reason I can see Taggart letting that continue. That's a recurring issue, as you stated...so there has to more to it (unless Taggart has lost control, which hope isn't the case).

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

You know what really grinds my gears....

Stupid stupid penalties from the offense, false starts, illigal shifts, illigal formation, holding.....

Less so penalties from the defense, roughing the passer, pass interference....

To me, these are the most frustrating and dissappointing things coming out of this team because it shows lack of basic discipline and exhibits carelessness.

So, what really grinds your gears? Let the frustrations roll....

I agree with all of these.

And let me add kick returners that return kicks from the end zone instead of taking the ball at the 25 and the coaches that allow it.  I ranted on this in another thread, but we've lost a couple of hundred yards of field position doing this this season.

According to cfbstats, the average starting position after a kickoff in 2012 was the 26.36-yard line. In 2011, it was the 27.77-yard line.

http://www.cfbstats.com/blog/college-football-data/

So, TAKE a KNEE!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'll be in Orlando with family watching this one. I think Bulls Outfitters is trying to do another massive tailgate at UCF's Lot C3, last I read on the webz. Win or lose, at least we have the tailgate.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

The Communication from the school to the Donors and season ticket holders.  The email distribution list sucks.  Rarely do I get emails about events or functions . Never get ANYTHING from the Bulls Club accept for my bill in the mail( yet make my yearly donation on time each year). (Also have BB and FB season tickets and attend a few away games , All bowl games each year, been to the Garden the past few years as well). Yet they seem to forget my email address.(hasn't changed in years).

How many people knew that the Last BB game we were supposed to wear Gold since Stetson also wears green?  Not a single email sent to the season ticket holders about it. ( Saw it on the GO USF BULLS website, in small print).

Ive called spoke to numerous people in athletics and in the Bulls club and the problem still persist.  

FIX THE EMAIL distribution and keep those who give money informed.

I have to find my OWN info to stay informed.  

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I'll be in Orlando with family watching this one. I think Bulls Outfitters is trying to do another massive tailgate at UCF's Lot C3, last I read on the webz. Win or lose, at least we have the tailgate.

can u provide link please, Trying to find something, ( will be at game as well). Thanks