• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could be worse. We could be in that terrible situation at....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

People are just bringing up anything to deflect attention from our lousy football season. Remember when Dunkley assaulted his GF with an electrical cord? I have no respect for men who commit crimes against women...period

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I hope this distraction doesn't cost them the Idaho game tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Was there a conspiracy to obstruct justice by detectives with Jarvis Stewart?

Big difference.

I believe his statement was "By God, if that ever happened at USF then I am not sure that I can support the program."

I don't think I've read anywhere that FSU conspired against anyone. But if you've seen that, I apologize. Otherwise, the OP is saying that since an FSU player allegedly commited a crime and the TPD ****** it up, its FSU's fault and they should be ashamed.

We don't even know for certain that TPD messed up here, or covered anything up.  At this point, all we have is allegations, something the OP didn't even say - allegedly.  Winston on the other hand, has never denied being with the woman, and has consistently maintained the sex was consensual.  

Nobody here knows anything definite as to whether this is even a sexual assault case or not.  

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

What confuses me is that all reports say that the police contacted Winston's attorney in February 2013.  All reports also say that police have never talked to Winston.

Did the kid have an attorney on call?  How can they contact his atty without contacting him first?

I suspect this kid, or someone else in FSU athletics was tipped early on by PD, then he lawyered up and then the lawyer initially contacted police.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

All I was pointing out is that for someone to come in here pointing fingers at FSU for this case and getting all high and mighty is a bit silly when we have our own problems (Stewart, who while never enrolled was a student-athlete that our coach believed would be a fine representative of USF and Dunkley, who's crimes are well documented and yet he still wears our jersey every weekend).

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Would gladly trade positions with Fsu...they are on the brink of national championship game. Anybody that says otherwise is lying.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

All I was pointing out is that for someone to come in here pointing fingers at FSU for this case and getting all high and mighty is a bit silly when we have our own problems (Stewart, who while never enrolled was a student-athlete that our coach believed would be a fine representative of USF and Dunkley, who's crimes are well documented and yet he still wears our jersey every weekend).

You are either

A. Arguing just for the sake of arguing, or

B. The most naïve person on this board if you think for a second that FSU didn't know anything about this when it was first reported.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You are either

A. Arguing just for the sake of arguing, or

B. The most naïve person on this board if you think for a second that FSU didn't know anything about this when it was first reported.

Never said that they didn't know, said I didn't believe it had yet been reported that FSU was actively involved in a coverup with the TPD. Also, my statement was geared towards the OP who said that if something like this happened at USF, he'd withdraw his support. If he's withdrawing it because he believes FSU is masterminding a coverup and if USF did that he'd be appalled. Thats understandable, though I said I hadn't heard that reported once yet so far. If his support would be withdrawn because of the crime itself, he needs to get his head out of his ass and quit with the hypocrisy.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Was there a conspiracy to obstruct justice by detectives with Jarvis Stewart?

Big difference.

I believe his statement was "By God, if that ever happened at USF then I am not sure that I can support the program."

I don't think I've read anywhere that FSU conspired against anyone. But if you've seen that, I apologize. Otherwise, the OP is saying that since an FSU player allegedly commited a crime and the TPD ****** it up, its FSU's fault and they should be ashamed.

We don't even know for certain that TPD messed up here, or covered anything up.  At this point, all we have is allegations, something the OP didn't even say - allegedly.  Winston on the other hand, has never denied being with the woman, and has consistently maintained the sex was consensual.  

Nobody here knows anything definite as to whether this is even a sexual assault case or not.  

TPD didn't even contact the supposed witness and told the girl she would be pilloried for bringing the charges. Pretty lame investigation in my book.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/teams/2013/11/21/jameis-winston-sexual-assault-tallahassee-police-heisman-trophy/3669637/

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

at least USF runs a clean program