• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK I am sold Mike White is the real deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

What's even better is he's gonna have 2 weeks to practice with first team before playing Memphis ANDDD UCF will only have film on 2 games to prepare for him.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

What's even better is he's gonna have 2 weeks to practice with first team before playing Memphis ANDDD UCF will only have film on 2 games to prepare for him.

Wow, that game's sneaking up FAST. At least we have the hope of playing a respectable game now.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone gone back and read this thread?

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/89327-qb-mike-white/

Now that's some good reading!  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Kid has more heart and stronger head game than all the other QBs combined. Definitely looks like a gamer, but can't fault coach too much for not putting him in sooner. It's weird how some kids just have to be in game-mode to show all their potential. He did, but it took him til the 3rd Q to really come alive. Sadly, he looked better in the first half than our other 3 did, but then just looked like a beast when it started coming together.

I think that's a totally unfair assessment of the other qb's in that aspect ... Head game part may proof to be true if last night was a preview of his career here.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

He looked very good. Way better than our other guys. He is clearly the best option now and I'm excited about it.

Grothe, Blackwell, or Daniels he is NOT yet. Let's keep SOME semblance of perspective in this down year.

Are you nuts!? The whole purpose of this board is to wrap our arms firmly around any rumor, conjecture, bright golden ray of sunshine or outright hyperbole when it comes to football. Perspective? No way...having torn down that forty-foot statue of CWT - since he didn't immediately propel the team to an undefeated season his first year, I think we should put up a forty foot statue of Mike White, the savior of USF football. Until he has a crappy game, then we'll just resort to slings and arrows (as we always do). It's what we do best. 

That's not all we do.  Some sarcastically mock everyone else.

BTW, would you like to hop on this ray of sunshine with me and revamp your four win prognostication? 

Oh, and I'm driving my ray of sunshine for two weeks, so if you want to hop on, you'll be riding biatch!

Nope, hanging onto my black clouds and slate gray sky until I see any real reason to change my prediction. Granted, McNeese McState McUniversity and FAU (Smokin', smokin', I feel allright mama I'm not jokin' Owls) were surprises, I'll just watch YOU ride that little ray of sunshine all around the corral, little buckaroo! Still sticking with Memphis & SMU as our wins for the remainder of the season (which I would hasten to point out would mean that CWT has won FOUR TIMES AS MANY conference games in year one than did that other guy in each of his last two seasons). 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Kid has more heart and stronger head game than all the other QBs combined. Definitely looks like a gamer, but can't fault coach too much for not putting him in sooner. It's weird how some kids just have to be in game-mode to show all their potential. He did, but it took him til the 3rd Q to really come alive. Sadly, he looked better in the first half than our other 3 did, but then just looked like a beast when it started coming together.

I think that's a totally unfair assessment of the other qb's in that aspect ... Head game part may proof to be true if last night was a preview of his career here.

agree. those guys played to the best of their abilities. he doesn't have any more heart than those others.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Don't mind that he did not play earlier. There were too many factors to consider. In the long run getting in 5 games this year was the right call.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

For those with access the game is in ESPN3.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I saw a few passes in the middle into ttraffic that we completed. Haven't seen that in a few years, unless you want to mention Bridgewater UL who seemed to do it to us on every 3rd play. We have work with Oline and Receivers cannot continue to drop easy balls, but it is encouraging. Thurs night game, a good team in Houston, and barring a million penalties we looked halfway decent. Ill take it.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Before we anoint him the best QB to ever play at usf let's see if he can have 2 good games in a row.

We need an emoticon for hurting yourself while patting yourself on the back.