• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I realize we have no Peyton Manning, but......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

It seems pretty simple to me.   Our offensive line is the worst in the country by far.  I don't like ripping in to our own guys but when the QB is either sacked or hurried 80 percent of the time then theres a huge issue.  I remember BJ running arround constantly all the time too, and everyone ripping him for being bad, yet now we see how bad the situation really is now that he is gone.  We have 3 3 star offensive lineman coming, all of which weigh atleast 290.  Hopefully Taggart can pick up another solid guy to build around because its a mess right now.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

You guys are talking about TDs. Heck, we struggle to get first downs and even struggle to get in to FG position. Has Kloss even had any FGs close enough to be considered chip shots?

I see very little talent on the field on offense. There are no receivers that can be considered even consistent pass catchers. Shaw is the only playmaker so far and I still want to see what he can do consistently before I would call him a star. I think Price has more penalties than catches. No other receiver seems to be able to catch.

Not crazy about the scheme, but hard to run if the defense has zero respect or fear of your passing game. Without running effectively, this offense, which should include screens and TE passes, is ineffective.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

The pre snap shifts and stuff are pointless.

I think they've toned that down a lot. Unless I've gotten used to it and don't notice. That first game was really annoying with that stuff...

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Huey Whittaker, deAndrew Rubin, Taurus Johnson, dontavia bogan, Jessie Hester, ean randolph, Carlton Mitchell, amarri Jackson, SJ green.

Any one of the above guys would be better wide receivers than any we have playing now. Maybe Davis or dunkley have more talent but they don't play like it.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Offensive talent is problem not scheme.

70% off offense is getting sacked or throwing ball out of bounds or missed throw.

If white has any accuracy the offense can be atleast avg maybe and that would be a huge improvement. They looked better with bench passing

..Eveld bless his heart isn't even a 1aa qb.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Unless White is way better than Eveld & Bench, we might be looking at a similar outcome vs Houston. Houston has a good offense and they will be on the field ALOT due to the usual 3 & outs by our own offense. More than halfway through the season, and no sign of any real improvement on offense.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Willie T calls the plays not Walt Wells.

The offense is Coach T's baby. Right now its an extremely ugly baby.

This point bears repeating. CWT calls the plays.

This team can't execute simple assignments right now it doesn't matter what's called or who's calling it.

This x 1000.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Offensive talent is problem not scheme.

70% off offense is getting sacked or throwing ball out of bounds or missed throw.

If white has any accuracy the offense can be atleast avg maybe and that would be a huge improvement. They looked better with bench passing

..Eveld bless his heart isn't even a 1aa qb.

You forgot dropped passes. It sucked watching Eveld actually get off a good pass just to see it hit numbers and fall to the ground. Calling all WR's, OL, and QB's, come to USF and play now!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Willie T calls the plays not Walt Wells.

The offense is Coach T's baby. Right now its an extremely ugly baby.

This point bears repeating. CWT calls the plays.
This team can't execute simple assignments right now it doesn't matter what's called or who's calling it.

This x 1000.

No way we're totally competent. I really wish most people would just recognize that we lack legitimate talent and it's going to take atleast 3 years to fix the program.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

True, that makes sense. Again I think lack of talent is the main/majority reason why our offense is as bad as it is. But with that being said, I find it hard to believe that every single player on our offense is completely incompetent to execute play calls this far into a season. A few plays here and there sure, but 12 straight quarters? Can't buy into that. 

the scheme is terrible

team isn't this inept

we scored 1 offensive TD in last 3 games last year in a different system. it was in garbage time in a loss. apparently you aren't paying attention.