• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I realize we have no Peyton Manning, but......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Tell me again Bench isn't more effective at moving the team (not that he's great, or necessarily even good):

Eveld - Drive 1  5 plays 15 yards
        Drive 2  3 plays -2 yards (15 yard penalty on punt return and 15 yard roughing the passer leads to FG)
        Drive 3  3 plays 8 yards 
        Drive 4  3 plays 1 yard
        Drive 4 1/2  2 plays 3 yards

Bench - Drive 1  (came in on 3rd down)  1 play 0 yards
        Drive 2  4 plays 13 yards (including Dunkley drop that hit him in the numbers)
        Drive 3  3 plays 47 yards (Tice fumble)
        Drive 4  10 plays 36 yards (INT)

talk about a small sample size.

not sure a QB should get credit for a 24 yard run by RB.

BTW Bench threw a pick 6 so he was -6 points while eveld didn't turn the ball over.

He had a lower completion percentage, more picks, less rushing yards and a lower QB rating.

their numbers on the year are almost identical.

BTW I'm not arguing Eveld should start over Bench. Just that they are both equally ineffective.

Eveld had a clean slate at the beginning of the game, Bench was trying to rally a team 17 points down.  Bench was clearly more effective, there really is no debate.

again you are talking about one game. I based it off of total stats for the year and you say it's a small sample size.

he still in this game had a lower completion percentage, more picks, less rushing yards and a lower QB rating.

He was not clearly more effective.

we scored 0 points while he was QBing.

last I checked that was the object.

and again I'm not arguing eveld is the better option. neither are good options. their numbers are equally bad.

that is the only thing not debatable.

I'm not basing it off of one game.  One game is all I have had time to break down in detail.  Break down some other games and prove me wrong.  Right now you are based 100% on opinion.

And yes, a QB has a significant impact on the ability to run the ball.  The threat of the passing game, making the right calls at the line, the QB impacts the running game especially in this offense.

Prove me wrong.

why is it my job to prove your ridiculous claim  wrong? shouldn't you have the burden of proof.

I've looked at the stats for the entire year. Both of them are lousy. similar completion percentages (near 40%), similar turnover numbers, same low QB ratings, same negative rushing yards. honestly I'm not sure why you are defending Bench. I'm not saying eveld is a better option. only that bench isn't a good option either.

Bench accounted for -6 points in that game. wow he had more yards passing. last time I checked that's not how they determine the winner.

Edited by Bull94

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

regardless of what the stats say--- most of Bench's stats were before he got hurt. He is not as mobile as before so you can't assume you will get the same productivity out of banged up player

sure seems like you guys are expecting to find some hidden mysterious reasons why we are losing. It isn't a mystery-- we are young, not as talented, not as experienced team.

the only thing that will help that is better recruiting and time in practice. Though the coaching issues may be valid somewhat as far as the play calling. Watching our offense is very confusing at times.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Tell me again Bench isn't more effective at moving the team (not that he's great, or necessarily even good):

Drive 2  3 plays -2 yards (15 yard penalty on punt return and 15 yard roughing the passer leads to FG)
        Drive 3  3 plays 8 yards 
        Drive 4  3 plays 1 yard

BTW Bench threw a pick 6 so he was -6 points while eveld didn't turn the ball over.

He had a lower completion percentage, more picks, less rushing yards and a lower QB rating.

BTW I'm not arguing Eveld should start over Bench. Just that they are both equally ineffective.

Eveld had a clean slate at the beginning of the game, Bench was trying to rally a team 17 points down.  Bench was clearly more effective, there really is no debate.

again you are talking about one game. I based it off of total stats for the year and you say it's a small sample size.

he still in this game had a lower completion percentage, more picks, less rushing yards and a lower QB rating.

and again I'm not arguing eveld is the better option. neither are good options. their numbers are equally bad.

I'm not basing it off of one game.  One game is all I have had time to break down in detail.  Break down some other games and prove me wrong.  Right now you are based 100% on opinion.

And yes, a QB has a significant impact on the ability to run the ball.  The threat of the passing game, making the right calls at the line, the QB impacts the running game especially in this offense.

Prove me wrong.

why is it my job to prove your ridiculous claim  wrong? shouldn't you have the burden of proof.

I've looked at the stats for the entire year. Both of them are lousy. similar completion percentages (near 40%), similar turnover numbers, same low QB ratings, same negative rushing yards. honestly I'm not sure why you are defending Bench. I'm not saying eveld is a better option. only that bench isn't a good option either.

Bench accounted for -6 points in that game. wow he had more yards passing. last time I checked that's not how they determine the winner.

My ridiculous claim that Bench is a better QB than Eveld?

Anyone with two eyes can tell you that.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Stats aside from what I have seen Bench just looks a lot better while he is out there. I think Bench should have started if he was healthy enough.

Sad that we still don't have a clear best option at QB and we have to go with a true freshman. Holtz really left us nothing.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Anyone with eyes can see Bench is better than Eveld. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yeah, sorry Shadow, I'm not sure you really need two eyes to see that Bench is better. ^_^

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Drive 3  3 plays 8 yards 
        Drive 4  3 plays 1 yard

Prove me wrong.

My ridiculous claim that Bench is a better QB than Eveld?

Anyone with two eyes can tell you that.

anyone who actually looks at results sees there is no real difference.

it's scary how similar their numbers are for the year. honestly I'm not even arguing that eveld is a better option. just that bench is not the answer either.

here are the numbers. you tell me who is the clear cut better option.

completion percentage      39.6%      40.6%

TD:INT                                 2:2           2:3

QB rating                            82.1         93

sacks                                   11            9

total rushing yards               -17          -24

neither is ranked inside top 200 on espn QB ratings. in fact eveld is ranked 17 spots higher than bench.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Arguing which is better is like arguing which turd sandwich tastes better. Guess some people here really love corn.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Arguing which is better is like arguing which turd sandwich tastes better. Guess some people here really love corn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thTh0w5hjkg