• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I realize we have no Peyton Manning, but......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Willie T calls the plays not Walt Wells.

The offense is Coach T's baby. Right now its an extremely ugly baby.

right now it's rosemary's baby

10/10

would read again

great reference, I am still laughing..

Sad but true.It is Coach T's offense.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Swap Eveld for Bridewater in the game and USF wins.  A QB who can complete passes on 3rd down and make the offense move makes all the difference in football.  USF is a good QB away from being decent. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Coaches share some of the blame.

I went into the bathroom in te 3rd and the radio broadcast was going over some of the stats.

At one point in the 3rd USF total yards 38. UL 280

Time of possession USF ~11, UL ~24.

I mean 38 yards total in over a half of football?

Coaches are making bad personnel decisions. Why didn't bench start the game?

I think coaches may be doing a poor job of coaching and improving the players during practice. The offense hasn't improved or made any changes since day one.

Every possession is 1st run, 2nd run, 3rd pass.

UL kept doing little 5 yard passes to the center of the feild every possession. Like every play they had a man to dump to at the 5 yards who sometimes would just stand and wait there for 3 seconds if bridgewater didn't have anyone else. Why can't we do something so simple?

Our coaches aren't getting it done on offense.

3 games without a TD is more than the players at work.

This was also another game in which the opponents defense scored more points than our offense.

Defense is better than last year, offense is a lot worse. No Daniels okay fine but no TDs in 3 games? That is unacceptable.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

True, that makes sense. Again I think lack of talent is the main/majority reason why our offense is as bad as it is. But with that being said, I find it hard to believe that every single player on our offense is completely incompetent to execute play calls this far into a season. A few plays here and there sure, but 12 straight quarters? Can't buy into that.

the scheme is terrible

team isn't this inept

we scored 1 offensive TD in last 3 games last year in a different system. it was in garbage time in a loss. apparently you aren't paying attention.

It's unacceptable. That's why Holtz was fired.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We only had 1 offensive touchdown in three games after BJ went out last year. A lot of the same, or worse, personnel this year.

The reason the middle is open against our defense is we were playing to take away the long pass, which with the exception of one play we did. Other teams clog the middle against us because we are no threat to go deep.

We have made changes from the beginning of the season on offense. We were getting no push on blocking with our TEs so we moved Lawrence Martin from guard to blocking TE. We've run more shotgun. We ran some read option to try and help bench out (although we do call it when eveld is in there which is useless). We've run more 3 and 4 wide receiver instead of the 2 tight ends CWT prefers. We even ran a couple option plays.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

We have seen alot of Eveld the last 2 1/2 games I am sure if Bench had played durring that time we would have scored an offensive td.  You can see the offense looks a little better with Bench at qb.   

Eveld could have the greatest offensive team ever around him and I doubt he leads the offense for a td.  He is the worst qb in 1a play. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We have seen alot of Eveld the last 2 1/2 games I am sure if Bench had played durring that time we would have scored an offensive td.  You can see the offense looks a little better with Bench at qb.   

bench isn't any better than eveld. just more mobile.

their numbers are almost identical.

True, that makes sense. Again I think lack of talent is the main/majority reason why our offense is as bad as it is. But with that being said, I find it hard to believe that every single player on our offense is completely incompetent to execute play calls this far into a season. A few plays here and there sure, but 12 straight quarters? Can't buy into that.

the scheme is terrible

team isn't this inept

we scored 1 offensive TD in last 3 games last year in a different system. it was in garbage time in a loss. apparently you aren't paying attention.

It's unacceptable. That's why Holtz was fired.

he was fired because it took him 3 years to get us to that point. not sure why you think things would be much different with same personnel under Taggart in his first year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

The edge goes to Bench given his mobility that can extend drives.  But both are near the bottom of FCS qbs.  Only way to go from here is up I don't see how White could be much worse unless he plays like Floyd. 

The edge goes to Bench given his mobility that can extend drives.  But both are near the bottom of FCS qbs.  Only way to go from here is up I don't see how White could be much worse unless he plays like Floyd. 

maybe he can make a play last a little longer but the results are all that matters. he is actually sacked more per pass attempt than eveld and throws more picks per attempt as well. he doesn't fumble as much I guess so there is that going for him. he does have a higher yards per attempt too.

Edited by Bull94