• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eveld's progress?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

UConn I thought the protection was better but Eveld was less mobile than usual.

Only possible if he started growing roots.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

UConn I thought the protection was better but Eveld was less mobile than usual.

Only possible if he started growing roots.

-----------

Ha. Explains what happened a few times directly after the snap against Uconn.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

I think Eveld can be a Brad Johnson type QB, not flashy or mobile, but can do enough to win you some games.

Going forward, what games will those be?  Louisville has arguably the best defense out there and a Brad Johnson type isnt going to get it done.  Louisville will score on us and we have to put offensive points on the board to be competitive.  5 days later Eveld may still be the starter going into Houston up against a true freshman we recruited whose got a 5-0 team.  

After those two games Id argue Evelds college career is effectively over as a senior unless Bench cant come back.

We wont be competitive with Louisville and Houston without an offense that isnt significantly better than what weve seen this year, so Eveld needs to break out in a big way. 

We have already seen 2 better defenses then UL - Mich St and Miami.  Not knocking UL but their D isn't at those teams level.  Now their O may be the best we see all year.

Louisville is number 2 in FBS in total defense, and number 1 in scoring defense.  Im not understanding what you are basing your opinion on.  You can knock their opponents if you want but remember, one game each for Mich St and Miami have already come against USF and its near last offense, which includes McNeese and FAU games.

so you are saying their defense is decent?

Yeah I dont even know what the helI I wrote there.  Let me just summarize this way.  I think Eveld is the worst of our 4 (is Floyd even still available?) options at QB against Louisville and possibly Houston.  Those teams will score points on us.  We need to be able to score to compete.  Give me gunslinger Floyd over Eveld in this one. A game manager wins games against UCONN and Cincy, against Louisville we need a QB the can #DoSomething.  100 yds a game and dead last in FBS in pass efficiency will not keep us in this one.

Can we run the ball to take some of the heat off of him?  I hope so but Louisville has a top 5 run defense.  I hope we do not see a replay of the Miami game here.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I think the way you beat Louisville is time possession and win the turnover battle. No way (noway?) that we can outscore Louisville in the 30s. The score needs to be in the 20s for us to have a chance.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

I think the way you beat Louisville is time possession and win the turnover battle. No way (noway?) that we can outscore Louisville in the 30s. The score needs to be in the 20s for us to have a chance.  

This is how I see it also. We are not going to win a shootout.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If Eveld gets us in the endzone once, thats a shootout by our offense's standards.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

With Eveld there is no progress. He is the same as he was three years ago. Every once in a while he will have a decent game but for the most part he is just flat out bad. He may have even gotten worse by adding all the out of bounds throws and scrambling before pressure even arrives to his repertoire.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

In fairness, Eveld has thrown at least one ball in both of the previous 2 games that has been a beautiful pass, and dropped.  Bout time for the receivers to catch balls in the end zone.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Incompletions stop the clock.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Agree with both of you. Need to control the possessions and defense needs to make a few stops.

Nothing better than the GW drive against UConn clockwise. Though need to end with TDs.

Also think need to steal possessions from them. Onside kick, fake punt, stuff like that.