• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eveld's progress?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

i only got to see a few min of the game as i was heading out of the house, but i tweeted that he scrambled if he didn't see a read in .00001 seconds. it was blatantly obvious he was untrusting of his o-line and very uncomfortable. i know he's gonna take some hits, but he needs to step up in the pocket as the line collapses. i don't think his internal clock is working well, or he is too paranoid and doesn't trust himself to hold onto it too long which is why everything is a rollout and a throw away.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

he is not a d 1 qb

Well actually he is a D1 QB, he just shouldn't be one....

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

I think Eveld can be a Brad Johnson type QB, not flashy or mobile, but can do enough to win you some games.

Going forward, what games will those be?  Louisville has arguably the best defense out there and a Brad Johnson type isnt going to get it done.  Louisville will score on us and we have to put offensive points on the board to be competitive.  5 days later Eveld may still be the starter going into Houston up against a true freshman we recruited whose got a 5-0 team.  

After those two games Id argue Evelds college career is effectively over as a senior unless Bench cant come back.

We wont be competitive with Louisville and Houston without an offense that isnt significantly better than what weve seen this year, so Eveld needs to break out in a big way. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I think Eveld can be a Brad Johnson type QB, not flashy or mobile, but can do enough to win you some games.

Going forward, what games will those be?  Louisville has arguably the best defense out there and a Brad Johnson type isnt going to get it done.  Louisville will score on us and we have to put offensive points on the board to be competitive.  5 days later Eveld may still be the starter going into Houston up against a true freshman we recruited whose got a 5-0 team.  

After those two games Id argue Evelds college career is effectively over as a senior unless Bench cant come back.

We wont be competitive with Louisville and Houston without an offense that isnt significantly better than what weve seen this year, so Eveld needs to break out in a big way. 

We have already seen 2 better defenses then UL - Mich St and Miami.  Not knocking UL but their D isn't at those teams level.  Now their O may be the best we see all year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm glad that he's limited his turnovers, but my biggest gripe with him, is that he scrambles too early and it's always the same.  He scrambles to the right and then ends up throwing the ball away.  If I were scouting us, I'd have my left DE always contain.  Had UConn done that, they would have had 6 or 7 more sacks.

He doesn't see the field well.  Guys are getting open, but he is too indecisive with the football and ends up scrambling and throwing it away too often.  

This.  

To paraphrase Dave Mustaine, Eveld and progress are two words combined that can't make sense.  

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I know Eveld doesn't have the arm of BJ, but haven't seen hardly any deep fades to Davis from him. Davis is a freak, let's see him out jump someone.

I'd like to see him use a designed bootleg to the right and have him hit some guys on out routes. Use a WR far right that goes on a deep route, or bursts left underneath to clear out the right side. I can't imagine that it's that hard and if Eveld gets just a few seconds from the right side of the line, we could get McFarland or someone out there to get us 7-10 yards. I guess those are more pro throws to get them in front of the WR and away from the defender.

They have tried the fade.  Davis has shown that he won't go get the ball.  There was a sideline fade last game that he quit on, as well as others earlier in the season.  Agree that I'd love to see McFarland more involved, but he has been inconsistent and I suspect that's why they aren't using him as much as we'd like.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I LOL'd when I read this title

Eveld hasn't progressed any in all his years here. We stopped giving up turnovers for TDs? Wow..great?

I'd like to see Eveld not PANIC when he doesn't get a throw off in his first 2 seconds.

Kid either ducks his head, hunches over, and tries to run directly into the O-Line or he runs right and throws the ball away

Panic Artist.

WR's dropping the few good passes he throws doesn't help either.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

Davis is becoming an infection.  Laziness will start to become contagious and it needs to be addressed

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's hard to complain TOO much about throwing the ball away ... I'd rather he do that 20 times a game than throw a pick, seeing as we generally start field position deep within our own territory.