• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart's Radio Show Replay (Sep 23, 2013)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

Any key takeaways? Not in a place where I can listen right now

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

Pretty much all coach speak. Didn't name the starting QB although Louk pressed him on it.  When asked if he was tempted to change his offensive scheme to fit the personnel, he pretty much said "no".  They have a system they believe in and will stick with it and try to add the players to fit that system.  Mentioned how these players were recruited for a spread offense.  But if you change now you'll always be changing.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for recording it! I would have missed most of it otherwise. 

Sure, coachspeek... but some coachspeek is better then others. I like our coaches attitude and demeanor. We all know this year is going to be a struggle but I am excited to see how this program builds up to years 2, 3 and 4 of CWT. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Just FYI, if for some reason you want to go back and listen to previous replays on my profile on sound cloud, chances are you won't find them. I'm already over my minute limit with 3 shows so the oldest is now hidden from public. You will only be able to see the last two shows.

If you would like to hear the older ones and they are not visible on sound cloud then shoot me a message and I can add it to dropbox or something and give you the link so you can download it. I don't suspect this ever being an issue, but this is my disclaimer at least.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for posting this. Taggart mentions at the very end how the guys here were recruited to play in a spread style type of offense. Although, Holtz didn't really run a true spread it was more of a pro style, but why in the world would we not run a little of what our players are build to play?! I understand Taggart comes from the School of Harbaugh and Stanford and wants to run the power run all day but why not just for this year mix in some packages and offensive plays that cater to the players you currently have???

The players would continue to learn the power run O, but be able to do at least a little something on offense during the transition. I guess at this point it is a complete and total loss if we can't even beat FAU or McNeese State so might as well do nothing but Power Run so that all of the learning and transitioning happens this year for our players. But it makes me scratch my head to hear a coach say he knows the players he is working with doesn't fit the style he wants to run but he doesn't compromise or adjust even a little bit to try and be successful... 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for posting this. Taggart mentions at the very end how the guys here were recruited to play in a spread style type of offense. Although, Holtz didn't really run a true spread it was more of a pro style, but why in the world would we not run a little of what our players are build to play?! I understand Taggart comes from the School of Harbaugh and Stanford and wants to run the power run all day but why not just for this year mix in some packages and offensive plays that cater to the players you currently have???

The players would continue to learn the power run O, but be able to do at least a little something on offense during the transition. I guess at this point it is a complete and total loss if we can't even beat FAU or McNeese State so might as well do nothing but Power Run so that all of the learning and transitioning happens this year for our players. But it makes me scratch my head to hear a coach say he knows the players he is working with doesn't fit the style he wants to run but he doesn't compromise or adjust even a little bit to try and be successful... 

They were talking about that last night on Monday Night Football and I think it was Jack Delrio they were talking about and he does exactly what you said Bulls24 and matches the schemes to his players which makes a lot more sense to me.  Sure makes this sound like a throw away season for Taggart.  Plus if I am a player - especially a senior how excited are you going to be after hearing that ?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

They were talking about that last night on Monday Night Football and I think it was Jack Delrio they were talking about and he does exactly what you said Bulls24 and matches the schemes to his players which makes a lot more sense to me.  Sure makes this sound like a throw away season for Taggart.  Plus if I am a player - especially a senior how excited are you going to be after hearing that ?

Seriously, how much different are the players we have now from the ones that are supposedly suited for Taggart's offensive system?? Where is this big difference that makes it tough for the players to adapt? CWT is doing the exactly correct thing, IMO, by doing what got him here .... and what were Taggart' exact words about the current players? Was it they don't fit the style .... or they weren't recruited for the style? Which to me means that they thought they'd be playing in a different type offense when choosing here but doesn't automatically mean they can't play in that offense. Catching the freaking footballs that you should catch is the same in any offense ...