• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Call me an optimist but I like it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I can see what CWT is trying to do here... with the formations, the play calling, the (newfound) effort on defense. At one point last game, I felt that the D was truely leaving it all on the field. I literally got goosebumps because I saw a hint (a HINT) of what reminded me of the D we've been missing for years. It didn't last long, but I felt that we were starting to really click a bit on defense.

Observing the offense, you can really see where CWT wants to go with the gameplan... unfortunately we just aren't in sync (on almost any level). Part of that is the QB situation (a recruiting blunder that we can't blame on CWT). Part of it is the constant rotation of quarterbacks... the receiver-quarterback connection that Davis recently mentioned... then there is the younger players we're sending in... the new playbook... But you can see where CWT wants to go and tell that, if those plays were executed properly, they would've worked.

It's these things that give me hope for a few wins this season... but also keeps me grounded. We can't recover from the Holtz Era overnight. This season is truely a "rebuilding" season. I do think we'll click a little bit later, but the important thing is that we (the fans) stay cool and understand what CWT is working with. Also, praise Shaw. He's surely the brightest spot on the season so far.

GO BULLS

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

I can see what CWT is trying to do here... with the formations, the play calling, the (newfound) effort on defense. At one point last game, I felt that the D was truely leaving it all on the field. I literally got goosebumps because I saw a hint (a HINT) of what reminded me of the D we've been missing for years. It didn't last long, but I felt that we were starting to really click a bit on defense.

Observing the offense, you can really see where CWT wants to go with the gameplan... unfortunately we just aren't in sync (on almost any level). Part of that is the QB situation (a recruiting blunder that we can't blame on CWT). Part of it is the constant rotation of quarterbacks... the receiver-quarterback connection that Davis recently mentioned... then there is the younger players we're sending in... the new playbook... But you can see where CWT wants to go and tell that, if those plays were executed properly, they would've worked.

It's these things that give me hope for a few wins this season... but also keeps me grounded. We can't recover from the Holtz Era overnight. This season is truely a "rebuilding" season. I do think we'll click a little bit later, but the important thing is that we (the fans) stay cool and understand what CWT is working with. Also, praise Shaw. He's surely the brightest spot on the season so far.

GO BULLS

Good post.  I see it too.  We are not there yet but I see game plan and I like it. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

:ditto

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

where is the use of the tight ends. I expected a heavy dose of tight ends. Are we just not running those plays? Are we not getting open? Not enough time have to keep them for blocking? Because we have been down? We have price and McFarland.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We clicked on both sides of the ball for about 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter vs FAU.. ....the Epps TD was a solid play.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

Agree.  Another thing to consider is the fact that several freshman have really outshined some of the upperclassmen.  The freshmen were recruited by Taggart.  I really think he is going to build something special, but there is only so much he can do with what he has right now.  You can't polish a turd.  :)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Agree. Another thing to consider is the fact that several freshman have really outshined some of the upperclassmen. The freshmen were recruited by Taggart. I really think he is going to build something special, but there is only so much he can do with what he has right now. You can't polish a turd. :)

Pretty sure most of the freshman were recruited by Holtz and stuck around when CWT was hired.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

As the year goes on I expect the TEs to be more into the game. As it is, anyone that can read knows that CWT is going to be using the TEs, that includes opposing DCs. So I expect that they are getting more attention than normal to make sure they aren't being used. At some point our newbie qbs stop looking at them and I've noticed later in the game, when the TEs aren't the focus of pass coverage, they haven't gone back to them. All a learning process.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Getting all of these freshman playing time hopefully will be valuable and progress much faster this year to allow us to compete earlier than 3 years if that is what some people are giving him. We need to get that OL position upgraded to help make this happen