• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Call me an optimist but I like it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I will not make my mind up on Taggart after 3 games, but to start out with blowouts by McNeese State and FAU at home he is digging himself a hole to dig out of. Sorry, I know this is all negative but it is what we're dealing with. 

Glad to check back in on the thread and see mostly optimism and at least a few people who agree with me that there was some "spark" during the last game, though short lived. 

To me, it's not about making up my mind on CWT... and we certainly have a hole to get out of, dug for the most part by Skip. It's about being a supportive fan, which most of us are if we're hanging around the board right now...

OKAY wait a second... before I respond further, I see this was your first post ever on the board? Have you been following the program for long? I generally have a no-reply policy to first posts unless it's "Hi my name is x good to be here." Kinda brutal, I know... but it filters out a lot of flamers.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I know the receivers & QB are even working on their own time as well to start making things click better & no one more than them wants to improve. I applaud their effort.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Not only are we in a complete rebuilding mode and terrible we have to watch an incredibly boring style of offense. Yay..

Welcome to the board.  You may have some valid points, but I'm sure no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to watch football.  I'm sure there are other more entertaining uses of your time that you could employ if you are bored.

Also too, at this time, there are many other threads full of negativity that you could have posted in, yet you picked one of the few positive threads.  I don't see why, other than to basically make a splash entrance onto the board ... 

Thanks. Wow.... I think you took me saying the word "boring" a little too literally. Football is not boring for me to watch. Let me rephrase "this style of offense we have implemented now is more boring to watch compared to the offenses of USF that I am used to". I love USF football and will always watch no matter the circumstances. 

As you saw I am new and don't really know my way around. I joined, saw this post, and replied. If that's against the rules or frowned upon I apologize...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I know the receivers & QB are even working on their own time as well to start making things click better & no one more than them wants to improve. I applaud their effort.

Hopefully their fundamentals improve.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

I will not make my mind up on Taggart after 3 games, but to start out with blowouts by McNeese State and FAU at home he is digging himself a hole to dig out of. Sorry, I know this is all negative but it is what we're dealing with. 

Glad to check back in on the thread and see mostly optimism and at least a few people who agree with me that there was some "spark" during the last game, though short lived. 

To me, it's not about making up my mind on CWT... and we certainly have a hole to get out of, dug for the most part by Skip. It's about being a supportive fan, which most of us are if we're hanging around the board right now...

OKAY wait a second... before I respond further, I see this was your first post ever on the board? Have you been following the program for long? I generally have a no-reply policy to first posts unless it's "Hi my name is x good to be here." Kinda brutal, I know... but it filters out a lot of flamers.

I have been following the program since 2005 and attended USF from 06'-10'. I hope that's long enough to meet your requirements of being legit...

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

If you dig back into their threads, both committed after the CWT hiring, but both had us in their top three before the season started.

which means I give CWT credit for recruiting them. There have been PLENTY of kids that have had USF in their top 3 and not end up here.

But Holtz gets no credit for keeping them interested through the entire 2012 season? Or do we just assume they were never going to come to USF until CWT called them up?

Do you also give CWT credit for not keeping AW?

Holtz also gets no credit for honoring all of the incoming commits when he was hired, like Shaw.

Asiantii woulard was as good as gone after that pitt game. The fans treated him like crap while he was leaving. I saw it myself. Plus he started getting offers from other bigger schools like clemson and ucla. Once ucla offered it was game over.

Yes holtz deserves credit for keeping leavitts recruits. But i think every coach would honor previous commitments or else hes already effed himself for the future. See brion carnes

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Brion Carnes situation was different.  Carnes said he was committed, but he took a visit to Nebraska against the wishes of USF coaches.  When Carnes had the falling out with USF, he committed to WKU.  Then he decommitted when Nebraska gave him an offer.  If he had still been a USF "commit", he'd have dumped USF when he got the official Nebraska offer.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Defense is playing well enough to win some games this year. Offense is usually behind the defense most years for most teams. That and the fact we are working with a Brand new system, coach, QB, it will take time.   I want to see baby steps, progress each week and eliminate mistakes.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I see it on defense.  I'm more excited about the defense than I have been since Tresey screwed it up.  

But I haven't seen anything on offense that leads me to be optimistic...yet.  I'm hoping the bye week brings some improvement.

More than anything, I'm hoping that Taggart is a different kind of coach than we've ever had.  I've always been partial to the coaches that could take their team and improve from week to week and adjust to the talent.  Don Shula was always that way.  He took a team with David Woodley that struggled early and managed to have them playing well by the end of the season.  To me, that is the mark of a great coach.

Both Leavitt and Holtz got teams all excited and off to a quick start early in the season.  With both, the teams eventually fell apart as weaknesses were exposed over the course of the season.  For once, it'd be great to have a coach that can actually improve the team as the season goes along.

Finish strong!

I'm not 100% sold on the defense.

Let's see how they do against the likes of Miami and Louisville.