• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Call me an optimist but I like it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Agree. Another thing to consider is the fact that several freshman have really outshined some of the upperclassmen. The freshmen were recruited by Taggart. I really think he is going to build something special, but there is only so much he can do with what he has right now. You can't polish a turd. :)

Pretty sure most of the freshman were recruited by Holtz and stuck around when CWT was hired.

I'm pretty sure Harris and Ward are Taggart's recruits. I like what I have seen out of them so far.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I agree.  I had some good feelings about the defense last week, too.  I started to feel some of that old USF defense pride for a little bit--not there yet, but almost.

As far as offense goes, well...I am thinking this is the first time we've actually tried to "install" a real offense, and it is going to be painful until we finally get it right.  If you think about the past few years (with BJ and Matt), our offense was somthing like this:  Line collapses, busted play, QB runs for his life,  QB eludes many defenders, QB makes magic happen.  Most of the time, that was it.  We just had the stud QBs to pull it off.  This is going to be slow and painful, but I think if we get the right personell and get them in their places, it could work.  Unfortunately, I think its going to take longer than we thought.

Still hoping for that illusive win this year.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Agree. Another thing to consider is the fact that several freshman have really outshined some of the upperclassmen. The freshmen were recruited by Taggart. I really think he is going to build something special, but there is only so much he can do with what he has right now. You can't polish a turd. :)

Pretty sure most of the freshman were recruited by Holtz and stuck around when CWT was hired.

I'm pretty sure Harris and Ward are Taggart's recruits. I like what I have seen out of them so far.

Ward committed when Holtz was HC. Harris, Godwin and Saffold (jc) all were CWT recruits.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Godwin had us in his top 3 before the 2012 season even started, did CWT know something we didn't and started recruiting him for USF 6 months before he got the job? Ditto for Harris.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

We clicked on both sides of the ball for about 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter vs FAU.. ....the Epps TD was a solid play.

too bad that the  game is a bit longer than 10 minutes

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Godwin had us in his top 3 before the 2012 season even started, did CWT know something we didn't and started recruiting him for USF 6 months before he got the job? Ditto for Harris.

cwt has 2 years i imagine to bring in talent to win

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

we would have gotten harris and ward with or without willie

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

where is the use of the tight ends. I expected a heavy dose of tight ends. Are we just not running those plays? Are we not getting open? Not enough time have to keep them for blocking? Because we have been down? We have price and McFarland.

I think our O-line is playing so poorly right now that it doesn't even give the chance for the TE's to make their way out to the flats to even make a catch. They're probably standing back and blocking to help out.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Godwin was set to go to Minnesota because Holtz didn't seem to bother to recruit him. CWT came in and offered and he jumped at the chance to stay home. I'm not too certain how Holtz's recruitment was going with N. Harris. Maybe one of the resident recruitniks can provide some background.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If you dig back into their threads, both committed after the CWT hiring, but both had us in their top three before the season started.