• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT HIRE DOUG WILLIAMS FOR QBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

He was just fired at Grambling. NFL QB, college QB and HC, Super Bowl MVP, lived in Tampa.

The dude is a terrible coach. Look at his record.

You are better off without him.

During his first time there as coach, 98-2003, he had 3 straight conference wins at Grambling. He's been an NFL scout. He's been a position coach.

He coached in the SWAC which is like coaching in some NAIA conference. McNeese beat him by 50 points during one of his championship years at Grambling. He can not coach. Period. Stick with Willie.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Wouldn't mind bringing him in some sort of admin job where he maybe can go out and recruit with his Super Bowl ring.

If that's even allowed. But you don't fire a QB coach now to bring in another no way.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Wouldn't mind bringing him in some sort of admin job where he maybe can go out and recruit with his Super Bowl ring.

If that's even allowed. But you don't fire a QB coach now to bring in another no way.

Something.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He was just fired at Grambling. NFL QB, college QB and HC, Super Bowl MVP, lived in Tampa.

During his first time there as coach, 98-2003, he had 3 straight conference wins at Grambling. He's been an NFL scout. He's been a position coach.

He coached in the SWAC which is like coaching in some NAIA conference. McNeese beat him by 50 points during one of his championship years at Grambling. He can not coach. Period. Stick with Willie.

Sanity from a competitor, thankfully.  Every once in a while a member of this forum with greatly diminished mental capacities will tourette's himself into blithering idiocy and it usually takes someone from outside the fold to call him on it.  Good for us you were still loitering about and could add some sanity to this mongoloids mutterings.  Thanks TONS McNeeseFan!!

Sanity from a competitor, thankfully.  Every once in a while a member of this forum with greatly diminished mental capacities will tourette's himself into blithering idiocy and it usually takes someone from outside the fold to call him on it.  Good for us you were still loitering about and could add some sanity to this mongoloids mutterings.  Thanks TONS McNeeseFan!!

Yeah, well, you've yet to post anything that sets you apart from the sheep. You just jump on the bandwagon when someone posts something you agree with. Grambling is such a horrible, school, they've put over 100 players in the NFL, Williams included. Calling someone with almost 60 wins in 8 seasons and 4 conference championships a bad coach is questionable.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I heard Tim Tebow is lookin for a job.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Is it me, because I am old and was around for those days, but didn't Doug Wiliams lose a lot?  He and that kid from Z-hills had a great Super Bowl, but what is so magnetic about him?  I remember he hung out at the Sun Dome for basketball games like a rock star and we all laughed.  Am I missing something, other than the MEAC accomplishments?

He ain't no Lee Roy, not even same universe.

Is it me, because I am old and was around for those days, but didn't Doug Wiliams lose a lot?  He and that kid from Z-hills had a great Super Bowl, but what is so magnetic about him?  I remember he hung out at the Sun Dome for basketball games like a rock star and we all laughed.  Am I missing something, other than the MEAC accomplishments?

You remember all those loses the Bucs had when they started in 1976? The Bucs had never went the to playoffs before Williams arrived in 78 and after he did they went to 3 out of 4. When he left because Culverhouse wouldn't pay him, they had a 2 win season and didn't get to the playoffs again until 97.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He ain't no Lee Roy, not even same universe.

Doug Williams spent his time trying to pick up my wife and her girlfriends (as teenagers) at Tampa Bay Mall when he was a Buccaneer, back in the day.  My view of Doug Williams was jaded many, many years ago.