• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT HIRE DOUG WILLIAMS FOR QBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Is it me, because I am old and was around for those days, but didn't Doug Wiliams lose a lot?  He and that kid from Z-hills had a great Super Bowl, but what is so magnetic about him?  I remember he hung out at the Sun Dome for basketball games like a rock star and we all laughed.  Am I missing something, other than the MEAC accomplishments?

He ain't no Lee Roy, not even same universe.

Doug Williams spent his time trying to pick up my wife and her girlfriends (as teenagers) at Tampa Bay Mall when he was a Buccaneer, back in the day.  My view of Doug Williams was jaded many, many years ago.  

Well don't take that out on me. Not like there has been media reports of him liking little girls.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Is it me, because I am old and was around for those days, but didn't Doug Wiliams lose a lot?  He and that kid from Z-hills had a great Super Bowl, but what is so magnetic about him?  I remember he hung out at the Sun Dome for basketball games like a rock star and we all laughed.  Am I missing something, other than the MEAC accomplishments?

Doug Williams spent his time trying to pick up my wife and her girlfriends (as teenagers) at Tampa Bay Mall when he was a Buccaneer, back in the day.  My view of Doug Williams was jaded many, many years ago.  

Well don't take that out on me. Not like there has been media reports of him liking little girls.

Dude was a pedophile trying to pick up 12 year olds in the late 70's, I think we NEED to do better and SHOULD DO BETTER than that.  

Dude was a pedophile trying to pick up 12 year olds in the late 70's, I think we NEED to do better and SHOULD DO BETTER than that.  

If I knew that info I would have never mentioned it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Two games in with a tough system and resident QBs we already knew were not really BCS level and there's already headhunting going on?

smh.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

OMG...Doug Williams is a Buc and a QB and a scout and a coach, we need to hire him...now!

Besides, the guy has been fired or quit several jobs because he can't seem to get along with anyone.

OMG...Doug Williams is a Buc and a QB and a scout and a coach, we need to hire him...now!

Besides, the guy has been fired or quit several jobs because he can't seem to get along with anyone.

Or chasing a paycheck. Never heard of anyone, especially a coach do that. smh

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Two games in with a tough system and resident QBs we already knew were not really BCS level and there's already headhunting going on?

smh.

Slick has been headhunting since before the first game

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He was fired by the Bucs. Fired by Grambling. How exactly is that chasing a paycheck?

Two games in with a tough system and resident QBs we already knew were not really BCS level and there's already headhunting going on?

smh.

Slick has been headhunting since before the first game

Actually I brought this up due to all the posts on here about the QB play. Maybe instead of looking for a walk on or throw in someone who isn't ready, get them more help training the QBs. Headhunting, btw, means finding someone to do something, ie a headhunter found my wife's corporate job. I think you meant witch hunt, finding a scape goat to blame for the team's lack of performance and fire them. I want to add people that can help and never said fire people, but instead look at who does what and maybe try to changing it around. An example of that was when CB was brought down out of the booth onto the field and the defense's play level went up.

He was fired by the Bucs. Fired by Grambling. How exactly is that chasing a paycheck?

First off, find where it says he was 'fired' from the Bucs. He went from head of pro scouting to a team GM. And the team GM job came as he was in talks with the Redskins for some kind of executive role. Yeah, he had a rough last year a Grambling. I don't know what the issue is Joe, do you?

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/05/18/washington-redskins-should-bring-doug-williams-home-again/