• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT HIRE DOUG WILLIAMS FOR QBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Two games in with a tough system and resident QBs we already knew were not really BCS level and there's already headhunting going on?

smh.

Slick has been headhunting since before the first game

Actually I brought this up due to all the posts on here about the QB play. Maybe instead of looking for a walk on or throw in someone who isn't ready, get them more help training the QBs. Headhunting, btw, means finding someone to do something, ie a headhunter found my wife's corporate job. I think you meant witch hunt, finding a scape goat to blame for the team's lack of performance and fire them. I want to add people that can help and never said fire people, but instead look at who does what and maybe try to changing it around. An example of that was when CB was brought down out of the booth onto the field and the defense's play level went up.

This thread is indeed head hunting your out looking for a replacement for our current QB coach.

You've been pimping firing Coach Bresnahan before we even played a game, which was and is still ridiculous. Please stick to slobbering over anything UCF and playing video games.

Never said anything about replacing CWT. And never said fire CB, I said make changes. And they made one that appeared to work last week, by moving him to the sidelines. Never...EVER....said FIRE ANYONE. That is speculation on your part.

BOY DO I FEEL BAD FOR COACH T

he needs one more year to see if he can recruit players so we can beat teams like meneesest

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Joe,

That is just the USF fan base. They have had an NFL level qb for 4 years but wanted him replaced after week 2. (Only because he helped beat FSU week 1.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

we need a qb not a qb coACH

An average QB with the right coaching will win games. Period. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are testimonials to that.

You forgot the part about defenses stocked full of pro bowlers, all pros, and hall of famers....

Also, since Doug is so great I bet teams will be crawling over one another to get him.......

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Sounds like he's lost more than he's won.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So where do we stand? :clubfight:

Fire Everyone

Hire Doug Williams

Profit

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Sounds like he's lost more than he's won.

The only time the Bucs made the playoffs from their inception in the mid 70s until 1997 was when he was QB.

He won conference championships 4 of the 8 full seasons he coached Grambling.

He is the only African American QB to win the Super Bowl.

But if he really was doing what's been accused of him in this thread, yeah, he's a loser.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  0

I like it. I don't care what his title is. We need someone that can recruit QBs, and he seems like a logical fit. He's got NFL connections, he has HC experience, he won a freaking Super Bowl, and he has ties to the Tampa community. Why in the world would anyone object? 

Save the pervo rumors. We have people on here posting "the girls of ____ ". 

Hire him. 

Rueben

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I like it. I don't care what his title is. We need someone that can recruit QBs, and he seems like a logical fit. He's got NFL connections, he has HC experience, he won a freaking Super Bowl, and he has ties to the Tampa community. Why in the world would anyone object? 

Save the pervo rumors. We have people on here posting "the girls of ____ ". 

Hire him. 

Rueben

He was also an NFL scout. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

we need a qb not a qb coACH

An average QB with the right coaching will win games.  Period. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are testimonials to that.

With an extraordinary cast of players.

We had an NFL QB the last couple of years and still didn't do squat.  An average QB is not going to make USF successful.  We need a serious injection of talent.

No coach on the planet could come in this season and make our QB position magically better.

It's going to take some serious years on the recruiting trail to fix USF.  Taggart is a recruiter, so the talent should start trending upward.

Doug Williams...   :rolleyes:

Who said magically better? How about...better? How about...faster? 

Scoff at position AND coaching experience.  :rolleyes:

Now, the positions are full, so its not even a possibility. But I don't think it could make it worse, if there was an opening and he was hired.

You're whole premis assumes we have the talent at QB to even get better. How much better can they get? Mike White and Bench are the guys to build with.

Who says Doug Williams would even be an improvement to who we've got. I seriously doubt he would be