• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So who were the quitters?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I fully realize that these type threads are a message board staple but nobody on here as any real ******* clue who the quitters were. Identifying poor play is one thing but calling players out like this is for quitting, which I think is one of the worst things an athlete can do, is total ******** .... but carry on if it makes you feel better.

Maybe i could've worded it better but as someone said, tags used the word "quit."

And youre right. Maybe the players didnt quit. They were just shellshocked about what happened in the first half and it certainly didnt help that floyd threw a pick on the first play of the second half.

Imo tho, the biggest quitters were the fans. Booing at halftime???? Of opening game???

Oh that pissed me off. I was in 109 and was shocked at what I heard. The coach is battling to get these guys working together and he has to deal with that from the fans on top of it? You could just feel the whole energy die and part of that is on the fans. Seeing a stadium of fans probably would not fix what was broken that game, but it might have helped some guys dig deeper instead of giving up. I would guess there were less then a 1000 in the stands in the last min of the game or at least it seamed like it. Hard to play hard for people who have already given up too. 

Chicken vs Egg

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

No need to call out players.  The eye in the sky never lies.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

No need to name anyone, but whoever CWT identifies needs to sit. Rather pay lessor or undeveloped talent than talent that quits. Habitual quitters need to be cut...

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

The team is soft like the former coach. Just going to take time to get rid of these players

and get in the men CWT wants.

Would love to see you go up to Aaron Lynch or Ryne Giddens and call him soft.
Just drop back a few steps and they would never get to you

Give Lynch a break. He may be a stud, but not many players can take a year off from full game speed and be dialed in. His main problem was overpursuit if anything. He seemed very wound up and too excited to maintain focus. Besides, he may not have gotten a sack, but he hit the QB a few times and had the hit of the game.

I understand the ******** about Giddins. But back off of Lynch at least for now.

players play regardless of how many fans are there or how many boo. That's no excuse for a college player.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Agree we shouldn't call them Quitters ,  But Trip,  this is the words of the Head Coach, Not the fans. He said in his post game radio interview that he "saw players quit".     Don't be mad at the messenger, Maybe you should address this with Coach T?

Not saying players didn't quit but it's the coaches who will know who they are not some schlups in the stands ... Hell, I'm hoping some players quit because if they were all going 100% the whole game we are in some really deep ****.

This schlup (and a few others here) called the disaster that was Chris Cosh before he ever arrived in Tampa.  Don't EVER underestimate knowledgeable fans who actually pay money to watch this team AND give a **** about the actual results of each game.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

We fans should get our house in order before we go naming players. The look on TV was that many in the stands quit too.

+1

+2

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I fully realize that these type threads are a message board staple but nobody on here as any real ******* clue who the quitters were. Identifying poor play is one thing but calling players out like this is for quitting, which I think is one of the worst things an athlete can do, is total ******** .... but carry on if it makes you feel better.

Maybe i could've worded it better but as someone said, tags used the word "quit."

And youre right. Maybe the players didnt quit. They were just shellshocked about what happened in the first half and it certainly didnt help that floyd threw a pick on the first play of the second half.

Imo tho, the biggest quitters were the fans. Booing at halftime???? Of opening game???

Oh that pissed me off. I was in 109 and was shocked at what I heard. The coach is battling to get these guys working together and he has to deal with that from the fans on top of it? You could just feel the whole energy die and part of that is on the fans. Seeing a stadium of fans probably would not fix what was broken that game, but it might have helped some guys dig deeper instead of giving up. I would guess there were less then a 1000 in the stands in the last min of the game or at least it seamed like it. Hard to play hard for people who have already given up too.

That's gonna happen when you take the worst beating in the history of 1A to 1AA contests.  Do you actually fathom the epic FAIL that occurred on that field Saturday evening?

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Agree we shouldn't call them Quitters ,  But Trip,  this is the words of the Head Coach, Not the fans. He said in his post game radio interview that he "saw players quit".     Don't be mad at the messenger, Maybe you should address this with Coach T?

Not saying players didn't quit but it's the coaches who will know who they are not some schlups in the stands ... Hell, I'm hoping some players quit because if they were all going 100% the whole game we are in some really deep ****.

This schlup (and a few others here) called the disaster that was Chris Cosh before he ever arrived in Tampa.  Don't EVER underestimate knowledgeable fans who actually pay money to watch this team AND give a **** about the actual results of each game.

When was the last time you coached a DI college team or pro team?

Anyone could call for someone to be unsuccessful and get lucky and be correct.  That example hardly proves you know anything at all about football.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

LOL ... Okay, Lee Corso. You whine about enough stuff and you're bound to hit occasionally. I'm still going with the ones that do it for a living over you/us shlups in the stands.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

The team is soft like the former coach.  Just going to take time to get rid of these players 

and get in the men CWT wants.

Would love to see you go up to Aaron Lynch or Ryne Giddens and call him soft. 

I didn't say the whole team was soft. I saw a team that got ran over by a freaking 1AA team they don't look so great though. 

Maybe I need to clarify myself.  I wasn't naming Giddens or Lynch because of effort.  I just figured the guy that made the post would probably get crushed if he went up to one of those guys to their face and called them soft.  Should have just said 'whoever he thinks played soft' instead of using a couple of examples.