• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So who were the quitters?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart said they would review the tape and find the culprits. Who do we think he will bust?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Has to be at least two on the defensive line.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Andre Davis comes to mind.  Wasn't he one of the players that walked off the field last year before the game was over?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

I fully realize that these type threads are a message board staple but nobody on here as any real ******* clue who the quitters were. Identifying poor play is one thing but calling players out like this is for quitting, which I think is one of the worst things an athlete can do, is total ******** .... but carry on if it makes you feel better.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree we shouldn't call them Quitters ,  But Trip,  this is the words of the Head Coach, Not the fans. He said in his post game radio interview that he "saw players quit".     Don't be mad at the messenger, Maybe you should address this with Coach T?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

Agree we shouldn't call them Quitters ,  But Trip,  this is the words of the Head Coach, Not the fans. He said in his post game radio interview that he "saw players quit".     Don't be mad at the messenger, Maybe you should address this with Coach T?

Not saying players didn't quit but it's the coaches who will know who they are not some schlups in the stands ... Hell, I'm hoping some players quit because if they were all going 100% the whole game we are in some really deep ****.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree quitting is an easy fix, You bench them.     Getting down on themselves and not handling adversity is also a relatively easy fix.  But I it were because of the Talent you are correct we are in for some Deep Chit.  lol

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Andre Davis comes to mind. Wasn't he one of the players that walked off the field last year before the game was over?

Andre Davis is that last player that would quit on this team. He is a Tampa kid and loves USF. The player that walked off the field last year was Marcus Shaw and he played his butt off on Saturday.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I fully realize that these type threads are a message board staple but nobody on here as any real ******* clue who the quitters were. Identifying poor play is one thing but calling players out like this is for quitting, which I think is one of the worst things an athlete can do, is total ******** .... but carry on if it makes you feel better.

Maybe i could've worded it better but as someone said, tags used the word "quit."

And youre right. Maybe the players didnt quit. They were just shellshocked about what happened in the first half and it certainly didnt help that floyd threw a pick on the first play of the second half.

Imo tho, the biggest quitters were the fans. Booing at halftime???? Of opening game???

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

WOW....this one hurts, not many positives in this game but I'm a believer in Willie and give him some time to shake things out.   Quitters....as a fan watching in the stands and we all have eyes, it looked like LOTS of players gave up.  What was really disappointing to me was the lack of physical play on the defensive side of the ball.  We new the offense was going to take some time but the DL got man handled and the DB's.....well, they sucked again.  Get Lamar Robbins out there !  I liked the play of  Shaw,Eveld, Hopkins, Cliett, Hopkins, Eppes, McFarland it appeared the rest of the team quite...including the fans.   Really surprised we didn't utilize the TE's more and Hopkin's showed some good spunk on the returns and I'd also get him on the field more since the WR's showed little separation.  All said, I think the final outcome would have been different if Eveld had started.

Edited by Mr. Big