• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are your thoughts on our starting corners?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Per Greg Auman:

In other lineup news, sophomore Kenneth Durden and senior Brandon Salinas will open the season as USF's starting cornerbacks -- Salinas is a walk-on who was placed on scholarship on Saturday night. Sophomore Zack Bullock has edged fellow sophomore Tashon Whitehurst for the starting nod at strongside linebacker.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/here-it-is-matt-floyd-is-usfs-starting-qb/2138177

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Congrats to Mr. Salinas on earning a scholly.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Again, I have to trust the coaches

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

As long as the front 7 can keep pressure on the opposing QB they should be at least decent. I expect the defense will blitz more often than last couple of years (basically any blitzing at all will be more). I also think that we have enough experience and talent at safety that will be able to help out.

I expect there will be some costly mistakes because of inexperience, but we should at least be decent.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We're chasing a ridiculous number of CBs in this class. That tells me all I need to know.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I'm expecting to see a lot of Robbins, but hopefully these 2 can do well for us.

That last LB spot was between to promising players. Both will contribute I'm sure. Really like our LB corps

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Pressure up front helps the secondary a ton, so if we can have the DL to perform like we have seen in the past I think we can be OK.  Will there be some mistakes, yes..but we knew we would be young at this spot and I'm trusting the coaches as well

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Speaking about the D-Line, Aaron Lynch is obviously supposed to be the most explosive of the bunch.  My question is, how close are our 2s to our 1s.  If Giddens or Lynch go down will we still be applying a lot of pressure or will we just be average with guys like Mims and Forte. I don't remember them doing much last year but I also didn't see all the games.  I remember Mims had a couple nice games but nothing extraordinary.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Speaking about the D-Line, Aaron Lynch is obviously supposed to be the most explosive of the bunch.  My question is, how close are our 2s to our 1s.  If Giddens or Lynch go down will we still be applying a lot of pressure or will we just be average with guys like Mims and Forte. I don't remember them doing much last year but I also didn't see all the games.  I remember Mims had a couple nice games but nothing extraordinary.

--

From GA last week:

Defensive line: Julius Forte is out for a bit after minor knee surgery, so you saw Aaron Lynch and Tevin Mims working on the No. 1 defense Saturday. Luke Sager was also out with a hip injury, so you had James Hamilton up with Elkino Watson on the first line. The second line I saw had Ryne Giddins and Eric Lee at end and Todd Chandler and Anthony Hill at tackle. Those lineups were fairly consistent today -- you still have Daniel Perry at end and upside tackles like Derrick Calloway and Deadrin Senat that could work their way into the rotation.

GIDDINS IS SECOND STRING?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

--

From GA last week:

Defensive line: Julius Forte is out for a bit after minor knee surgery, so you saw Aaron Lynch and Tevin Mims working on the No. 1 defense Saturday. Luke Sager was also out with a hip injury, so you had James Hamilton up with Elkino Watson on the first line. The second line I saw had Ryne Giddins and Eric Lee at end and Todd Chandler and Anthony Hill at tackle. Those lineups were fairly consistent today -- you still have Daniel Perry at end and upside tackles like Derrick Calloway and Deadrin Senat that could work their way into the rotation.

GIDDINS IS SECOND STRING?

Tims is a beast, and starter till Lynch arrived.  Sounds like Giddins is still not 100%, but expect to see him get a ton of reps.

Our D line should excel, and I think there is a ton of pressure on Lynch to live up to the hype. Good kind of pressure, I think, and he should respond well.