• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are your thoughts on our starting corners?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

That's unfortunate. Promising talent, but its a shame the knee isn't holding up. Hopefully a redshirt will help. Let's hope his usf career doesn't go the way of Ricardo Dixon.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

The last coaching comments I remember seeing about Bivins made me think that he still isn't 100% and perhaps some (including Bivins) were overly optimistic thinking he could make an impact this year. I think it was CWT that alluded to him still not being able to participate at full speed.

I expect he is very much in the long term mix, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt this year and plan to come back 100% next year.

What are you talking about? The last article GA put out on Bivins had him vying for the starting role. Saw tweets that he was 100%, full pads, full go in vero as well.

@gregauman: USF sophomore corner Chris Bivins isn't just healthy enough to play. He wants to compete for starting job this fall. http://t.co/LuNwPVYkj1

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The last coaching comments I remember seeing about Bivins made me think that he still isn't 100% and perhaps some (including Bivins) were overly optimistic thinking he could make an impact this year. I think it was CWT that alluded to him still not being able to participate at full speed.

I expect he is very much in the long term mix, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt this year and plan to come back 100% next year.

What are you talking about? The last article GA put out on Bivins had him vying for the starting role. Saw tweets that he was 100%, full pads, full go in vero as well.

@gregauman: USF sophomore corner Chris Bivins isn't just healthy enough to play. He wants to compete for starting job this fall. http://t.co/LuNwPVYkj1

And I recall seeing comments from Taggart during fall camp that suggested otherwise.  Didn't mean to offend.

No offense at all, that's why I asked what you were talking about lol. Guess that came out wrong via typed message. Was wondering if you knew something we didn't

Maybe this is what I was thinking of.  Greg had him fourth on the depth chart a little over a week ago, and alluded to injury limitations.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/depth-chart-notes-as-bulls-leave-vero-/2137011

-- Secondary: The starting corners have been fairly consistent -- Kenneth Durden and Brandon Salinas, as you saw Saturday. Seniors Mark Joyce and JaQuez Jenkins worked with the No. 1 defense as well. With Jalen Spencer out with a shoulder injury, the No. 2 secondary had freshman Lamar Robbins and senior Fidel Montgomery working at corner, and freshman Nate Godwin and junior Torrel Saffold working at safety. The third secondary was freshman Hassan Childs and walk-on Mark Oliver at corner, walk-ons Tre Griffin and Tyler Robb at safety. Chris Bivins and Johnny Ward were behind them, but that could be due to injury limitations.

Wonder if he ever got any clarification on that? Hmm...

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Looks like Bivins is redshirting this year... what a bummer.  Hope he gets himself healthy.

Looks like Bivins is redshirting this year... what a bummer.  Hope he gets himself healthy.

Just saw his tweet where he said he's just focused on getting healthier. Also heard he's going to take a redshirt by his choice. Thanks for keeping us in the loop ShadowBull! Good spot.

Edited by Hem

Rather unfortunate, I think he may well have been rushed back too soon last year.  But maybe it doesn't matter whether the RS was last year or this year.  #gethealthy