• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are your thoughts on our starting corners?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

Speaking about the D-Line, Aaron Lynch is obviously supposed to be the most explosive of the bunch.  My question is, how close are our 2s to our 1s.  If Giddens or Lynch go down will we still be applying a lot of pressure or will we just be average with guys like Mims and Forte. I don't remember them doing much last year but I also didn't see all the games.  I remember Mims had a couple nice games but nothing extraordinary.

--

From GA last week:

Defensive line: Julius Forte is out for a bit after minor knee surgery, so you saw Aaron Lynch and Tevin Mims working on the No. 1 defense Saturday. Luke Sager was also out with a hip injury, so you had James Hamilton up with Elkino Watson on the first line. The second line I saw had Ryne Giddins and Eric Lee at end and Todd Chandler and Anthony Hill at tackle. Those lineups were fairly consistent today -- you still have Daniel Perry at end and upside tackles like Derrick Calloway and Deadrin Senat that could work their way into the rotation.

GIDDINS IS SECOND STRING?

Tims is a beast, and starter till Lynch arrived.  Sounds like Giddins is still not 100%, but expect to see him get a ton of reps.

Our D line should excel, and I think there is a ton of pressure on Lynch to live up to the hype. Good kind of pressure, I think, and he should respond well.

Agree. My point was more to the depth if Giddins is second string.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Speaking about the D-Line, Aaron Lynch is obviously supposed to be the most explosive of the bunch. My question is, how close are our 2s to our 1s. If Giddens or Lynch go down will we still be applying a lot of pressure or will we just be average with guys like Mims and Forte. I don't remember them doing much last year but I also didn't see all the games. I remember Mims had a couple nice games but nothing extraordinary.

--

From GA last week:

Defensive line: Julius Forte is out for a bit after minor knee surgery, so you saw Aaron Lynch and Tevin Mims working on the No. 1 defense Saturday. Luke Sager was also out with a hip injury, so you had James Hamilton up with Elkino Watson on the first line. The second line I saw had Ryne Giddins and Eric Lee at end and Todd Chandler and Anthony Hill at tackle. Those lineups were fairly consistent today -- you still have Daniel Perry at end and upside tackles like Derrick Calloway and Deadrin Senat that could work their way into the rotation.

GIDDINS IS SECOND STRING?

Tims is a beast, and starter till Lynch arrived. Sounds like Giddins is still not 100%, but expect to see him get a ton of reps.

Our D line should excel, and I think there is a ton of pressure on Lynch to live up to the hype. Good kind of pressure, I think, and he should respond well.

Agree. My point was more to the depth if Giddins is second string.

Serious depth. Honestly we should be switching out linemen quite often, the only guy who really should play 75% of the snaps is probably Lynch.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Our strong front 7 will make our LB and secondary corps look a lot better this year. Rushing and pressuring the QB causes him to make mistakes and mistakes turn into turnovers. Playing 15yds back on 3rd & 9 won't be happening anymore.

I think we will see some good rotation in our secondary with guys like Saffold, Robbins, Bivins, etc

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

come week 3 robbins will start over salinas

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah Giddens with the 2s really does show our depth good point.  Thanks for the info.  I also think Robbins will displace one of the starting corners eventually.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

Giddins with the 2s shows depth... or that giddins should not be 280 pounds. Guess we'll find out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

Our strong front 7 will make our LB and secondary corps look a lot better this year. Rushing and pressuring the QB causes him to make mistakes and mistakes turn into turnovers. Playing 15yds back on 3rd & 9 won't be happening anymore.

I think we will see some good rotation in our secondary with guys like Saffold, Robbins, Bivins, etc

includes our LBs.  But I agree that they should help our Dbacks this year. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

includes our LBs.  But I agree that they should help our Dbacks this year. 

Whoops, thats what happens when you type as you're thinking and don't proofread :)

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Has there been a Chris Bivins sighting recently?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The last coaching comments I remember seeing about Bivins made me think that he still isn't 100% and perhaps some (including Bivins) were overly optimistic thinking he could make an impact this year.  I think it was CWT that alluded to him still not being able to participate at full speed.

I expect he is very much in the long term mix, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt this year and plan to come back 100% next year.