• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Really like the idea of the cowbells ringing. My suggestion was the Braman Cattle Call

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Think it's a great idea. Weather un-predictability in late summer/fall should make it interesting.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I think this is a great idea but needs one major change.  I'm not sure how many people are going to walk up to the street on the south side of the stadium on their own 2 hours before game time to participate in this.  I would suggest that the buses pull into the lot 6 entrance off Himes so the players can walk up the large middle sidewalk to the fan area with the band marching in front of them.  This way people will come over from their tailgates to line the sidewalk and cheer, high five, etc. as they walk to the fan area.  It could end up being somewhat of a tunnel.  My fear is that with the original plan they will show up in the fan area and not many people will be there that early.  It could be a real non-event if that happens.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

This might catch on. I mean, it's not an arduous task to walk from your tailgate to the stadium and back to your spot (hopefully) if you tailgate at the stadium. I think it's gonna take a few trial runs...don't necessarily gauge fan interest by the home opener. 

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The key to making this a tradition is people (fans) need to care. People need to leave their tailgates and line the path. If us as fans do that ... then this will be pretty cool.

I hope it works !

The lots open 4-5 hours early, and USF thinks that people are going to packup two hours early to do this? We have trouble getting people to stop partying to make it to the game, much less make it out to cheer on players as they walk to the stadium from a bus.

What USF needs to do is to figure out a way to get the players to walk through a tailgate area. Perhaps redesign the parking configurations in one of the stadium lots so a bus can pull into the lot, drop everyone off, and the players can walk through rows of tailgates on the way to the stadium.

I hope it works as well, but I don't see it happening.

It basically boils down to this...

tailgate vs. Bulls walk

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

I think this is a great idea but needs one major change.  I'm not sure how many people are going to walk up to the street on the south side of the stadium on their own 2 hours before game time to participate in this.  I would suggest that the buses pull into the lot 6 entrance off Himes so the players can walk up the large middle sidewalk to the fan area with the band marching in front of them.  This way people will come over from their tailgates to line the sidewalk and cheer, high five, etc. as they walk to the fan area.  It could end up being somewhat of a tunnel.  My fear is that with the original plan they will show up in the fan area and not many people will be there that early.  It could be a real non-event if that happens.

This^^^

Otherwise it will be an epic fail.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

So people cannot interrupt their precious tailgate for 15 min to walk their asses over to great the team? Shame on the fans then for being bush league.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So people cannot interrupt their precious tailgate for 15 min to walk their asses over to great the team? Shame on the fans then for being bush league.

This.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

Agree.