• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I amazed at how many "epic fails" have been predicted on this board.

DO SOMETHING!

Edited by BDYZR
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I'm not so sure it is laziness, as fear their stuff will walk away.

This... if we had a stadium on campus then fine I would have no issue with walking over for 15 minutes... however we currently play 15 miles off campus in Rutgers Stadium which is located in the ghetto.

A lot of expensive things can walk away in 15 minutes.

You never cease to amaze ... First, it's not in the ghetto. Second, it IS laziness not fear ... unless a tailgating group is too stupid to figure out you can leave one person there to guard all the "valuables" while the rest can go.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

This... if we had a stadium on campus then fine I would have no issue with walking over for 15 minutes... however we currently play 15 miles off campus in Rutgers Stadium which is located in the ghetto.

You never cease to amaze ... First, it's not in the ghetto. Second, it IS laziness not fear ... unless a tailgating group is too stupid to figure out you can leave one person there to guard all the "valuables" while the rest can go.

I'm with Trip, if you think that the area around Ray Jay is a ghetto, then you better not ever drive West on Fletcher from campus. Or go East of I-275 between the crosstown and SR 54. I live in Wellswood, which by your standards might as well be the old Cabrini-Green.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This.

In my tailgate I know atleast one person would be willing to stay behind. If you're tailgate is made up of all super fans who just can't miss it set up a game by game rotation of who stays or ask a surrounding group of tailgaters to keep an eye on your spot. You know, since it's the "ghetto" you have to worry about and not fellow fans....

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Or ... just put your stuff in the car, lock it up and take it back out to finish tailgating when you get done.  

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I think this is a great idea but needs one major change.  I'm not sure how many people are going to walk up to the street on the south side of the stadium on their own 2 hours before game time to participate in this.  I would suggest that the buses pull into the lot 6 entrance off Himes so the players can walk up the large middle sidewalk to the fan area with the band marching in front of them.  This way people will come over from their tailgates to line the sidewalk and cheer, high five, etc. as they walk to the fan area.  It could end up being somewhat of a tunnel.  My fear is that with the original plan they will show up in the fan area and not many people will be there that early.  It could be a real non-event if that happens.

winner winner chicken dinner...have the band or drum line lead the way...cattle call...bullgate walk

Just noticed this on facebook, sounds like it will go through the tailgate area:

USF Athletics This will be 2 hours before game when the bus drops them off at the stadium. The team will come through the Bull Zone and the band will play. FB did away with their own polling, so we are using an 3rd party app. Please click on the poll itself. We'll make note of the votes that were incorrectly cast. Thanks for your participation!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

My two cents from experience...

At GSU in our first 3 years there was a Panther Walk of sorts at the Dome. The team buses pulled in to the lot underneath a parking Deck nearest the North (Gate E) entrance to the stadium because it was closest to our locker room. Taigating is in the South side lots so you had to walk literally around the stadium and down some steps one level to get to the "Panther Walk". There were never more than a hundred people and normally only a few dozen and virtually no students. Our new coach Trent Miles has moved the Panther Walk so that the buses will let out on the South side between the tailgate lots and the players will walk a half block and into the stadium from there. Further walk for them? Yes. But its a better experience for both the teams and fans. We heard many of the same objections from our athletic department for 3 years. But our new HC was adamant that this should happen.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

Just noticed this on facebook, sounds like it will go through the tailgate area:

USF Athletics This will be 2 hours before game when the bus drops them off at the stadium. The team will come through the Bull Zone and the band will play. FB did away with their own polling, so we are using an 3rd party app. Please click on the poll itself. We'll make note of the votes that were incorrectly cast. Thanks for your participation!

This is the best way. Students are not going to walk far from the tailgate.

This is the best way. Students are not going to walk far from the tailgate.

Not a ton of students in the south lots.  They are in the north lots.  But this is a great start.   Building tradition.