• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

A DUI charge can happen to the best of us (everyone from a teacher to a doctor). But, assault on a fire fighter looks really bad.

Only idiots and irresponsible people get DUI's.

Irresponsible AND unlucky ....if you drink and say you've never driven legally drunk, you're a **** liar.

Unlucky? You make your own luck, and getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is you being a moron, not unlucky. I've never set foot behind the wheel when even remotely tipsy, let alone legally drunk.

You had a breathalyzer handy to check yourself?

And do you have one hooked up to your ignition, Paul Crew?

I don't need a breathalyzer because if I enjoy more than 1 drink I don't drive. I also don't have that single drink then leave 5 minutes later and drive. I enjoy it with a meal and typically am at the establishment for an hour or more. I rarely drink anything other than beer and 1 beer of normal ABV over that time frame isn't enough to even come close to making a 200lb man tipsy. If I do go out intending to drink, i always have someone that is a DD, someone I can call, or a cab number in my wallet. Just last week I let a friend know days ahead of time he would need to pick me up from drinking. I got drunk, he came and got me and I left my car there for 24 hours.

Some people are responsible and make arraignments prior to going out if they are needed. Guess you aren't.

I agree Deters. There are no excuses here. I can't believe there has to be a difference of opinion on this.

Just to be clear, nobody is saying that drinking and driving isn't irresponsible ... just that it's something all most who drink have done at one time or another in their lives.

And, deters, to be perfectly honest, you sound like someone who scared themselves to death at some point driving after drinking and are determined not to have it happen again ... but if not, and you've done that ever since the very first time you started drinking, more power to you .... but I still think you're in the vast minority.

I wasn't scared by something I did, but something one of my friends did. One of my good friends from high school chose to drive home from a party intoxicated and ended up dying after crashing into a tree when he passed out. When your 19 and standing over a casket of your friend, it changes you.

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  901
  • Days Won:  0

i cant believe the dui gets all the run here when the cat tried to bite the emt

he was worse of than you dudes arguing over a drink with dinner

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Better call Saul!

Tread lightly!

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I guess T-Rex is a fitting nickname in this case....

TRex will always be a Bull...I feel bad for the kid. I hope he turns it around!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I almost sympathized when I read he was passed out. Had a friend get a DUI for sleeping in his car with the engine running because he had the ac running.

Then I read he was facing the wrong way in traffic and lost that sympathy.

The reason there is debate is because there are abusive prosecutions at times. I almost fell asleep driving over a bridge a few times after my first child was born because I couldn't get any sleep and I was dead tired driving to work. I can down a six pack and drive with no effect at all.

We've all heard the stories of a DUI for a Benadryl. That's the reason there is debate. Drunk is not the same for everyone.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

I wasn't scared by something I did, but something one of my friends did. One of my good friends from high school chose to drive home from a party intoxicated and ended up dying after crashing into a tree when he passed out. When your 19 and standing over a casket of your friend, it changes you.

Makes perfect sense ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Great we are on the front page of Yahoo Sports NCAA page.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/former-south-florida-wr-terrence-mitchell-arrested-dui-152524525.html

Not for a good reason.

Skimmed the article but the thing that stood out was "driving on a suspended license".  Doesn't any football player at USF have a legit license?  Being sarcastic, but we've had our share of them.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

A DUI charge can happen to the best of us (everyone from a teacher to a doctor). But, assault on a fire fighter looks really bad.

Only idiots and irresponsible people get DUI's.

Irresponsible AND unlucky ....if you drink and say you've never driven legally drunk, you're a **** liar.

Unlucky? You make your own luck, and getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is you being a moron, not unlucky. I've never set foot behind the wheel when even remotely tipsy, let alone legally drunk.

You had a breathalyzer handy to check yourself?

And do you have one hooked up to your ignition, Paul Crew?

I don't need a breathalyzer because if I enjoy more than 1 drink I don't drive. I also don't have that single drink then leave 5 minutes later and drive. I enjoy it with a meal and typically am at the establishment for an hour or more. I rarely drink anything other than beer and 1 beer of normal ABV over that time frame isn't enough to even come close to making a 200lb man tipsy. If I do go out intending to drink, i always have someone that is a DD, someone I can call, or a cab number in my wallet. Just last week I let a friend know days ahead of time he would need to pick me up from drinking. I got drunk, he came and got me and I left my car there for 24 hours.

Some people are responsible and make arraignments prior to going out if they are needed. Guess you aren't.

I agree Deters. There are no excuses here. I can't believe there has to be a difference of opinion on this.

Just to be clear, nobody is saying that drinking and driving isn't irresponsible ... just that it's something all most who drink have done at one time or another in their lives.

And, deters, to be perfectly honest, you sound like someone who scared themselves to death at some point driving after drinking and are determined not to have it happen again ... but if not, and you've done that ever since the very first time you started drinking, more power to you .... but I still think you're in the vast minority.

Thank you for sharing.

It pisses me off when I hear people say that NO ONE who drinks has ever not driven illegally drunk (or even tipsy)... I've heard it many times.  Are they upset that others have had more common sense in this aspect of their lives?

I KNOW this is not true, and have known others that would never drink and drive and are completely faithful to that.  The reason could be from unfortunate tragedies, to growing up with alcohol/drugs affecting their loved ones in a negative pattern.  While not as severe as yours, I have seen the affects of alcohol and drugs on those around me while growing up, and has made me much more aware of its implications.

... so... yeah...  back to Trex... Crazy that he bit the EMT too

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Curiously the only thing i could think of was "How does he drive with those little tiny arms"?

1906909268_1375120393.jpg

• Upvote 1