• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

A DUI charge can happen to the best of us (everyone from a teacher to a doctor). But, assault on a fire fighter looks really bad.

Only idots who should have their license taken away for a year.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

A DUI charge can happen to the best of us (everyone from a teacher to a doctor). But, assault on a fire fighter looks really bad.

Only idiots and irresponsible people get DUI's.

Irresponsible AND unlucky ....if you drink and say you've never driven legally drunk, you're a **** liar.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Before we pass judgment and a sentence we need to let the facts come out.  Not saying he wasn't  trashed or Chit faced,  But he could have had a medical condition as well We don't know the WHOLE story.

Skin   Isn't it fun working in the ER, Never a dull moment.  Esp fun when the you have to put patients in 4 point restraints or have a police officer stand beside the bed so you can render Care (NOT!).  

Not only have most who work in the field been assaulted with violence, the spitting, the yelling,  the urine, and other Bodily fluids thrown at you, Makes for a Great job.    

This EMT needs to get tuff and not take it so personally, If they (he/she) never actually got bit, Suck it up. Next time be on the look out and be prepared,  Expect the unexpected. Ask ANYONE who has ever worked on the front line or in Critical Care or Psy and they will tell you some Horror stories.  Too many here to list them all.

I'm not in the business, but I DISAGREE 100% with getting tough and dealing with it because it happens. Every single one of them should be charged with assault.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Irresponsible AND unlucky ....if you drink and say you've never driven legally drunk, you're a **** liar.

Thank you

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Thank you

Thank you x 2.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Unlucky? You make your own luck, and getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is you being a moron, not unlucky. I've never set foot behind the wheel when even remotely tipsy, let alone legally drunk. I've been to the point of barely being able to walk 5 feet without falling down and I still had the intelligence to call a cab or friend to pick me up. Some people aren't idiots when mixing alcohol and vehicles. I'm not, but apparently you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Unlucky? You make your own luck, and getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is you being a moron, not unlucky. I've never set foot behind the wheel when even remotely tipsy, let alone legally drunk. 

You had a breathalyzer handy to check yourself?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

Unlucky? You make your own luck, and getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is you being a moron, not unlucky. I've never set foot behind the wheel when even remotely tipsy, let alone legally drunk. I've been to the point of barely being able to walk 5 feet without falling down and I still had the intelligence to call a cab or friend to pick me up. Some people aren't idiots when mixing alcohol and vehicles. I'm not, but apparently you are.

It doesn't always matter if your under the Legal limit, that is just the limit that is always illegal. You can get a DUI with a hint of alcohol in your system. You can get one if your taking meds that make you drowsy. Whether you feel tipsy or not, you may be over the limit. Your tolerance level may be more than others. Bottom line, unless you've never had a single drink and driven, or never taken any kind of pain pill and driven, you've driven drunk.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

Unlucky? You make your own luck, and getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is you being a moron, not unlucky. I've never set foot behind the wheel when even remotely tipsy, let alone legally drunk. 

And do you have one hooked up to your ignition, Paul Crew?

I don't need a breathalyzer because if I enjoy more than 1 drink I don't drive. I also don't have that single drink then leave 5 minutes later and drive. I enjoy it with a meal and typically am at the establishment for an hour or more. I rarely drink anything other than beer and 1 beer of normal ABV over that time frame isn't enough to even come close to making a 200lb man impaired. If I do go out intending to drink, i always have someone that is a DD, someone I can call, or a cab number in my wallet. Just last week I let a friend know days ahead of time he would need to pick me up from drinking. I got drunk, he came and got me and I left my car there for 24 hours.

Some people are responsible and make arraignments prior to going out if they are needed. Guess you aren't.

Edited by deters-
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

And do you have one hooked up to your ignition, Paul Crew?

I don't need a breathalyzer because if I enjoy more than 1 drink I don't drive. I also don't have that single drink then leave 5 minutes later and drive. I enjoy it with a meal and typically am at the establishment for an hour or more. I rarely drink anything other than beer and 1 beer of normal ABV over that time frame isn't enough to even come close to making a 200lb man tipsy. If I do go out intending to drink, i always have someone that is a DD, someone I can call, or a cab number in my wallet. Just last week I let a friend know days ahead of time he would need to pick me up from drinking. I got drunk, he came and got me and I left my car there for 24 hours.

Some people are responsible and make arraignments prior to going out if they are needed. Guess you aren't.

I agree Deters. There are no excuses here. I can't believe there has to be a difference of opinion on this.

• Upvote 1