• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Found this article Online (stadium rankings)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Trip, have you been to tailgating at UCF?

In my book, any on campus tailgating experience beats an off campus experience, and yes, I have attended a USF tailgate. Don't get me wrong, it nice, but it is sterile compared to being surrounded by a campus. Just my opinion.

You have to say something to convince yourself that the Wobbling Wok is an enjoyable game day experience.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

NO. Others here are already convinced, I just agree with them.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

While its ridiculous that UCF is 30.... UCF is far better than USF in terms of gameday atmosphere. I'd take what they have ANY day over what we have.

You must suck at tailgating ...

Pretty sure he just meant the OCS and atmosphere of being able to go back to the campus where he graduated from and have a blast there.

1) Having attended quite a few road games, and also being a UK alum, I've had my fair share of college game day experiences. Only USF/Notre Dame came close to living up to my worst game day experience at RayJay. 

2) UCF's game day experience is such that they failed to come within 5K of filling up their 45K seat stadium even one time last year. They averaged 34.6K/game in a year in which they won they're conference division and failed winning the conference championship in OT.

Edited by swamprat

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

Well, I've been to tailgates at FSU, UNC, NCSU (not exactly central, considered "west campus", out past the Vet School), U of South Carolina (which I'd call off-campus) and ECU. I just don't know that I'd call U of SF tailgating "sterile". As I've seen it, the only geography of relevance is that where we're tailgating. Also, being local (Tampa) to the school, getting back on campus isn't really some emotional high or something I have to budget for. I probably swing by there multiple times per year so, not much of a big deal. 

Is it the view? Is it looking at a dorm (where I never resided)? Is it looking at the old building where I took classes (surprisingly, it's still a building)? I mean, once you've set up the grille, opened the libations and you're there with your select group of friends...what am I missing? What is the elusive 'game day experience'? [bTW: too old to consider a day with the under-21 crowd enticing].  

I think that 'coming back to campus' means probably A LOT more to people who don't reside locally. Maybe if college was a high-water mark and you yearn to revisit the temporary homestead, I can see where tailgating on campus - the "game day experience" -  could have more meaning.  Then again, when I attended USF, it was referred to as Drive-Thru-U. So, some things have changed, but still.......

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I'll give it to UCF, their gameday experience isn't bad, and compared to ours, IMO is better.

As a student, I have been to a UCF tailgate with friends and USF. Something simple about being on campus, not worrying about rides and all that stuff, that gives UCF's experience a bit of a leg up.

One thing though, the FSU game experience was far and beyond better than the UCF game I had went to. Obviously we did have 65k there, but that stretch at the corner of Himes and TB Blvd. was pretty fun.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

While its ridiculous that UCF is 30.... UCF is far better than USF in terms of gameday atmosphere. I'd take what they have ANY day over what we have.

you obviously haven't tailgated at UCF in memory mall

Suggesting rayjay is a better tailgating space is a joke. Anyone whose done both and is objective is lying to themselves.

One of my fav tailgates was at UCF -- had a huge group over there.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

FSU and UF are also better than USF...

Miami... not so much

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Its on campus vs off.

I guess the benefits of a crummy stadium is you can tailgate on campus.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

Agree....Miami not so much. Only thing worse is magic jack bowl.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

you obviously haven't tailgated at UCF in memory mall

Suggesting rayjay is a better tailgating space is a joke. Anyone whose done both and is objective is lying to themselves.

One of my fav tailgates was at UCF -- had a huge group over there.

I never said that RayJay tailgating was better just that UCF isn't better either. The tailgating experience is primarily based on who you're with and who you're surrounded by .... Mr Bully pretty much nailed it:

Is it the view? Is it looking at a dorm (where I never resided)? Is it looking at the old building where I took classes (surprisingly, it's still a building)? I mean, once you've set up the grille, opened the libations and you're there with your select group of friends...what am I missing? What is the elusive 'game day experience'? [bTW: too old to consider a day with the under-21 crowd enticing].  

What made the UCF tailgate that much more superior to your tailgating experience at RayJay?

• Upvote 1