• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greatest season opener ever

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

ND. My memory isn't very good on this topic, was this the opener to their season that ended in the NC game or the season before?

season before...no way they play for the nc after getting beat by us

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Great highlights from that game.

The Kayvon TD - just shocked everyone there.

Brian Kelly turning purple on the sidelines

Three INTs

BJ with the 4th quarter TD to make it 23-7

The idiot behind me talking poorly about USF football, its fans and the school for nearly 10 hours, or however long it was before he slinked out unnoticed

Brian Kelly turning purple on the sidelines

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

I have to say ND because that could be the best football experience I ever have at the rate things are going in College FB as a whole.  At that time, I still had a lot of excitement for the direction that things could go for USF.  That was the last time I was really "excited" but I am as cautiously optimistic as possible for this new coaching staff (they seem to say all the right things).

On South Bend, the whole weekend was great checking out the parades and such in South Bend the night before, the College FB hall of fame, touring the campus, and celebrating outside the campus after the win...  Also, there's something to be said about sitting on the ground during the rain delays and guessing at what could happen when they played again.

I get to go back to South Bend to pick up a friend for the Michigan State game.  I'm curious if anyone will recognize the USF logo this time around :D

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

ND. My memory isn't very good on this topic, was this the opener to their season that ended in the NC game or the season before?

season before...no way they play for the nc after getting beat by us

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

I want to see us put up triple digits on McNeese

There were a few Middle Tenn. fans hoping for the same thing last season.   ;)

Doc

Welcome to the board Doc, what brings you here? Stick around, but be forewarned you need a pretty thick skin in this neck of the woods.

And a good drink every now and then doesn't hurt either..

Take everything with a grain of salt  even if it appears to weigh 500 lbs..

Welcome

Go Bulls

Well, I been on a few FBS/BCS messageboards each season since we started playing the money games with Texas A&M back in 2001.   I know how it is, so I've developed a hard shell.   Plus, I've never been one who has engaged in a lot of trash talking.   I, also, know the reality of playing FBS/BCS teams.   The only FBS teams we have beaten has been Sunbelt teams.   We are 3-0 against Sunbelt teams but that is not saying much.  

We were pretty decent until the injury bug bit us last season.  With the limited number of scholarships, the injury bug hits the FCS schools hard.   Last season was what I call a M.A.S.H. season.

I just hope we can keep the score respectful.

Doc

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

ND hands down.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,836
  • Days Won:  22

Yes, Notre Dame opener will be a hard one to beat. That entire game was magical, from the location, team, weather it was a classic

The athletic department should make copies of game and send one to each season ticket holder.

Edited by Cubanbull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

This is an interesting topic.  For me, it is easy:  Sept. 6, 1997 USF vs. Kentucky Weslyan.  Before that date there was no football and from that date on there was a future for the Bulls on the gridiron.  Huge turnout of excited fans and football players who had spent more than a year practicing for this game busting out in a big way.

As for the Notre Dame game, I have to say I never really caught the "buzz" factor for that game.   I think it was the totality of the circumstances that left me somewhat deflated:

Losing Lee Roy cast a pall over the weekend.

After hearing for so long about the Notre Dame campus, I have to say, in my visit I wasn't blown away.

The looooooooonnnggggg weather delays during the game.

Finally, as for us winning, I wasn't all that giddy because I didn't see it as an upset.  I truly expected us to win.  That was before I realized the directions our two teams were headed.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

and the Pitt game that followed a few weeks later was one of the worst games ever.  it was also the day my son was born so atleast I had that going for me.

Didn't we open with Pitt many years ago and win in their brand new stadium? Wasn't that an opening game? I remember watching it at Norman's Palace in Feather Sound with 250 people. What a night...