• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's starting, can you feel it? Michigan State football pass attack could thrive against depleted South Florida secondary

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Thanks Wooly and Bulliever.

Triple and Hem,

I assure you I'm no "troll", but a very engaged USF alumni, fan and supporter. I stand by my statements and prediction.

Go Bulls!

I guess i should have used the sarcasm font .... You ever lump me in with Hem again and I'll kill you.

Same. I'm no senior citizen like Trip is.

Trip it's 11:50am, time for dinner yet? Early bird special at the Golden Corral!

:)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I would have pegged him for a Colonade man.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,707
  • Days Won:  424

Thanks Wooly and Bulliever.

Triple and Hem,

I assure you I'm no "troll", but a very engaged USF alumni, fan and supporter. I stand by my statements and prediction.

Go Bulls!

I guess i should have used the sarcasm font .... You ever lump me in with Hem again and I'll kill you.

Same. I'm no senior citizen like Trip is.

Trip it's 11:50am, time for dinner yet? Early bird special at the Golden Corral!

:)

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

IMO, the key to the MSU game is going to be our d-line.  If they can get to the QB and take some pressure off of our DBs, we could be competitive and maybe even win.  I don't think, (again my opinion), we're going to see many stupid mistakes on offense.

I believe we will live and die with the front 4 all season long and not just against MSU. They need to play well to protect the secondary and help force turnovers. The offense will obviously try to establish the run and rely on getting the ball to Davis in the passing game. There are too many questions at this point to think we are going to be able to hang a lot of points on anybody.

That said, I can't see us getting enough pressure against the Spartans unless Lynch is a one man wrecking crew that game or Giddins play steps up immensely.

I think Giddens will step up this year. The kid has all the tools, but, wasn't getting the coaching or motivation that he needed to succeed. He has to take some of the blame for that, but, I just feel like this new staff is going to have so much more energy that it has to rub off on the players.

The bigger concern is that Holtz's recruiting classes are not up to snuff, so, there is going to be a talent gap in some games. That's ok, I recall another USF coach that won with a talent gap on a pretty regular basis. If CWT is the guy that we all hope he is, we'll be competitive. Maybe not by week 2, but, the team will grow throughout the year.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I played the trash-talk game with the ND guys and was very serious that we could beat them...it was nice to be right. But as much as our season crumbled that year, I always felt we were playing below our level...like we could be fantastic at any given game, but we never came around and last year's downer season is hard to recover from.

Now we hit the reset button, and I just can't honestly gauge how these guys will come out on game day. I don't want to be optimistic like I was with Skippy, and have to slink back to yard-work Saturdays again, hate that trade! I like our chances with CWT, but I'm not going to talk trash this year.

So I shift to neutral--aside from the iffy QB & secondary situation, I think we "can" hang with good teams. The question is, "will we?" 

show me. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We must be getting close

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

16 points sounds about right.  If I HAD to bet it I would take MSU and give the points only because I can see us scoring 10 or less in this.  And that would put the D out there way too much.  Unless we see something helacious from MSU or USF in the first week this isn't a game I would bet on. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think the team surprises us in this game, not to imply I'm certain we win, but I think we'll see some good things from our team even if we lose.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Take the points.

No way we don't cover a 16-point spread.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Lay the points and take MSU. This has the makings of a blowout. They'll hang at least 40 on us. Those of you "hoping" differently will be wildly disappointed. Sorry.

I'll stick with 4 up and 8 down this season. I love you Bulls more than you'll ever know, but I'm also a realist.

Go Bulls!

agreed on giving the points