• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's starting, can you feel it? Michigan State football pass attack could thrive against depleted South Florida secondary

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

IMO, the key to the MSU game is going to be our d-line.  If they can get to the QB and take some pressure off of our DBs, we could be competitive and maybe even win.  I don't think, (again my opinion), we're going to see many stupid mistakes on offense.

I believe we will live and die with the front 4 all season long and not just against MSU. They need to play well to protect the secondary and help force turnovers. The offense will obviously try to establish the run and rely on getting the ball to Davis in the passing game. There are too many questions at this point to think we are going to be able to hang a lot of points on anybody.

That said, I can't see us getting enough pressure against the Spartans unless Lynch is a one man wrecking crew that game or Giddins play steps up immensely.

I think Giddens will step up this year. The kid has all the tools, but, wasn't getting the coaching or motivation that he needed to succeed. He has to take some of the blame for that, but, I just feel like this new staff is going to have so much more energy that it has to rub off on the players.

The bigger concern is that Holtz's recruiting classes are not up to snuff, so, there is going to be a talent gap in some games. That's ok, I recall another USF coach that won with a talent gap on a pretty regular basis. If CWT is the guy that we all hope he is, we'll be competitive. Maybe not by week 2, but, the team will grow throughout the year.

taggert will not recruit much better talent since usf is now in the minor leagues

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

IMO, the key to the MSU game is going to be our d-line.  If they can get to the QB and take some pressure off of our DBs, we could be competitive and maybe even win.  I don't think, (again my opinion), we're going to see many stupid mistakes on offense.

you make it sound like we have the 'fearsome foursome" upfront

spartans will light us up all day

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,618
  • Days Won:  51

I believe we will live and die with the front 4 all season long and not just against MSU. They need to play well to protect the secondary and help force turnovers. The offense will obviously try to establish the run and rely on getting the ball to Davis in the passing game. There are too many questions at this point to think we are going to be able to hang a lot of points on anybody.

That said, I can't see us getting enough pressure against the Spartans unless Lynch is a one man wrecking crew that game or Giddins play steps up immensely.

I think Giddens will step up this year. The kid has all the tools, but, wasn't getting the coaching or motivation that he needed to succeed. He has to take some of the blame for that, but, I just feel like this new staff is going to have so much more energy that it has to rub off on the players.

The bigger concern is that Holtz's recruiting classes are not up to snuff, so, there is going to be a talent gap in some games. That's ok, I recall another USF coach that won with a talent gap on a pretty regular basis. If CWT is the guy that we all hope he is, we'll be competitive. Maybe not by week 2, but, the team will grow throughout the year.

taggert will not recruit much better talent since usf is now in the minor leagues

Dude, you're really starting to bum me out with your negative sheet all the time. How can you make so many posts being such a giant doucher? I actually think we will end up in a D4 conf. For that matter we are still a BCS conference this year and could make a BCS bowl. You're like this board's resident tard.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

IF you weren't a buffoon, you'd see he didn't sound that way at all ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,116
  • Days Won:  39

The last road trip I took was to Notre Dame.

Expect bad weather East Lansing.

I'm coming for you.

ND was my last road trip as well.  I'm going to this one hoping that the defense has improved (it has to be?) and we can grind out some yards on the ground and not fumble snaps.  I really thought we had a puncher's chance against ND on the way up, but now I'm not feeling as comfortable about that prediction. If I see us getting torched in the 4th and people throwing their hands up confused on defense like last year, part of me will want to get a jump on the Upper Peninsula.  :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

MSU will destroy us

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Good grief, so much confidence in our inability to play and we haven't even put a product on the field yet! You bummer-Bulls that think we're going to get hammered are no more realists than the ones that think we're going to cruise to a 10-win season.

By all rights, ND should have lit us up (um, Skippy generation), and they probably would have if it was the next-to-last game. But this is the SECOND game! They'll be far from polished, and we're still going to be full of energy and hopefully full of starters. We have enough speed to keep 'em honest, I think it'll be closer than you think but the coaching is still the biggest wildcard.

• Topic Count:  2,341
  • Content Count:  21,355
  • Days Won:  10

spartans will light us up all day

Are you sure you went to USF?