• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's starting, can you feel it? Michigan State football pass attack could thrive against depleted South Florida secondary

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Michigan State football pass attack could thrive against depleted South Florida secondary

By Mike Griffith | mgriffith@mlive.com

EAST LANSING — When Michigan State scheduled South Florida, it did so expecting the Bulls to be a competitive non-conference opponent.

That might still prove to be the case, but first-year USF coach Willie Taggart certainly has his challenges ahead of him between now and South Florida's noon game on Sept. 7 at Spartan Stadium.

In June, the Bulls saw Terrence Mitchell, the team's second-leading receiver from last season, leave the team. Mitchell was trying to transition into the South Florida secondary.

Most recently, the Bulls lost senior cornerback Josh Brown, who was competing to become a key cog in a challenged South Florida secondary.

The Tampa Bay Times reported earlier this week that Brown had surgery after suffering an Achilles injury during an offseason workout.

The Spartans opened as a 16-point favorite over South Florida.

16 points?  Wow.  I remember back in the day when we would get those big lines and I actually took up online gambling  because of it.  :)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We should be given zero respect...

We need to go and take our respect!

Almost that time!.!.!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Hey I'm not confident like the Leavitt days with lines like that. But if our QB can play a little bit I like that spread

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,767
  • Days Won:  3

Hey I'm not confident like the Leavitt days with lines like that. But if our QB can play a little bit I like that spread

Yep, I'd say that's fair. Interesting to see how much it shifts as we inch closer to the coin toss. 

MSU starts with Western Michigan and is 8-0 all time against them, so not sure what sort of gauge that's gonna be. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

Lay the points and take MSU. This has the makings of a blowout. They'll hang at least 40 on us. Those of you "hoping" differently will be wildly disappointed. Sorry.

I'll stick with 4 up and 8 down this season. I love you Bulls more than you'll ever know, but I'm also a realist.

Go Bulls!

Okay Mr Optimism.  I think you analysis is way off but you are entitled to your opinion. I will mark this post when we beat Michigan State in their house.  

The last road trip I took was to Notre Dame.

Expect bad weather East Lansing.

I'm coming for you.

Stop-Sign-Ticket-Defese-Attorney-UT.png

:)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Bullrush, I hope I'm way off and we go 12 and 0. This team is not going to be very good this year. There are numerous games on our schedule that have the makings of blowouts:

MSU

Miami

Louisville

UCF

Our defensive front 7 will keep us close, but our offense will stink. No proven QB. One proven receiver. A stable for running backs that are marginal at best. An offensive line that will not be able to keep pressure off our unproven QB. This will be a very long year. Sorry.

Go Bulls!

Please explain your rationale for a UCF blowout.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

Screw that...we will lose to the U and Daville but i would bet 1k we beat UCF....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Bullrush, I hope I'm way off and we go 12 and 0. This team is not going to be very good this year. There are numerous games on our schedule that have the makings of blowouts:

MSU

Miami

Louisville

UCF

Our defensive front 7 will keep us close, but our offense will stink. No proven QB. One proven receiver. A stable for running backs that are marginal at best. An offensive line that will not be able to keep pressure off our unproven QB. This will be a very long year. Sorry.

Go Bulls!

Stfu troll

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1