• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC bowl situation just went from bad to worse

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Good job Balto. The ONLY person that agrees with you is a UCF fan. Keep beating that drum, nobody is joining your band.

I am not a UCF fan, I appreciate the beat, and I believe that I was the original band member in this thread. For those of you under 30 that cling to bowls, you are fooling yourselves. I grew up watching all of the big bowl games on New Year's Day. It was over, the voters voted and the MNC was granted. There were no 6-7 teams with waivers, there were no 8-5 teams, you had to actually have a great season to get into a bowl game. The violation we have no is a shell of the "Bowl tradition".

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Good job Balto. The ONLY person that agrees with you is a UCF fan. Keep beating that drum, nobody is joining your band.

I am not a UCF fan, I appreciate the beat, and I believe that I was the original band member in this thread. For those of you under 30 that cling to bowls, you are fooling yourselves. I grew up watching all of the big bowl games on New Year's Day. It was over, the voters voted and the MNC was granted. There were no 6-7 teams with waivers, there were no 8-5 teams, you had to actually have a great season to get into a bowl game. The violation we have no is a shell of the "Bowl tradition".

Count me in.

A 16-team playoff with 10 conference champions and 6 at-large bids works for me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Count me in.

A 16-team playoff with 10 conference champions and 6 at-large bids works for me.

That's not what Balto is proposing ...

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I post (obvious).facts. If u don't want to hear (the same) facts (over and over) sorry.

FIFY

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

16 team playoff is the only way this thing does not split a part

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Balto is proposing an entirely different league. One below FBS but above FCS.

I am all for an 8+ win season for bowl eligibility, I am NOT for banishing USF to D1AA.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If you'll recall I posted that I'd heard a MWC and AAC bowl was happening. This is further proof tht it is.

Those locations though, ouch. Ideally throwing the game in between both conferences ( St. Louis?) might work.

Balto is proposing an entirely different league. One below FBS but above FCS.

I am all for an 8+ win season for bowl eligibility, I am NOT for banishing USF to D1AA.

It's already here. Did you not read the article? The P5 does NOT want to play the G5. Whatever the P5 want it will get. Whether we (you) like it or not, it's the reality.

• Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748

Part of me says that if there were a split between the P(5) and G(5), that would be the final nail in the coffin. Once you have that division, I don't see further realignment as a priority issue for the P(5). If you go back and listen to the video clip, the fact that Dubai, Ireland and Montgomery, Alabama were mentioned shows the depths to which this has fallen. I can't come up with a whole lot of benefits for creating a mid-tier-division.

What is the thinking here, with the proposed division:

1. G(5) have a playoff & champion gets into one of the P(5) tournament slots...

2. G(5) have a playoff & champion gets the trophy, season is over, sit back and watch the P(5) tournament / bowls?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/6/11/4418616/bowl-games-group-of-five

IMO there will be more realignment. The SEC will not sit still until everyone else is at 16.