• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC bowl situation just went from bad to worse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

I believe if it truly came to 4 16 team conferences and then a split to a second division the second division (1AA) schools need to stick together and play hardball with the top league. Screw them, if they won't play the 1AA teams in the post season then don't agree to games in regular season in any sport. Let them try to figure out how to fill out full schedules. That's the only leverage you would have.

There has to be some college presidents out there somewhere with the balls to take a stance and a leadership role in the process of fighting for the good of the mid-majors. Otherwise, the chasm between the have and have nots will widen.

Personally, as long as the members of the non-power 5 at least have a shot by being the highest ranked of the non p5, i can deal with it. To me, the rest of the bowls (other than championship game) are just an exhibition and extends the season for the kids. Other than the money, they are meaningless.

IMO the gamble of trying to force the hands of those in power is what got us this deep into this mess in the first place. Of course hindsight is always 20-20, but now the P5 seems to hold all of the cards. I think our only option is winning.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I hate people who whine incessantly yet provide no solutions to a given problem. They are losers.

My solution is to give up on college football and USF altogether.  I'll give us the benefit of the doubt that we'll get into the B12 or some sort of improved position, otherwise my solution is to walk away and enjoy 12 new free weekends every year in the fall.

LOL, I was not referring to you but at least you have a solution. I would never have free weekends as I am an NFL fan first.

you must be talking about usf athletics

i pride myself on being a problem solver not a problem identifier

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Good job Balto. The ONLY person that agrees with you is a UCF fan. Keep beating that drum, nobody is joining your band.

I am not a UCF fan, I appreciate the beat, and I believe that I was the original band member in this thread. For those of you under 30 that cling to bowls, you are fooling yourselves. I grew up watching all of the big bowl games on New Year's Day. It was over, the voters voted and the MNC was granted. There were no 6-7 teams with waivers, there were no 8-5 teams, you had to actually have a great season to get into a bowl game. The violation we have no is a shell of the "Bowl tradition".

Count me in.

A 16-team playoff with 10 conference champions and 6 at-large bids works for me.

big 5 arent including other conferences

non big 5 need to break away and form their own league with different rules

they should start by paying players

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Good job Balto. The ONLY person that agrees with you is a UCF fan. Keep beating that drum, nobody is joining your band.

I am not a UCF fan, I appreciate the beat, and I believe that I was the original band member in this thread. For those of you under 30 that cling to bowls, you are fooling yourselves. I grew up watching all of the big bowl games on New Year's Day. It was over, the voters voted and the MNC was granted. There were no 6-7 teams with waivers, there were no 8-5 teams, you had to actually have a great season to get into a bowl game. The violation we have no is a shell of the "Bowl tradition".

Count me in.

A 16-team playoff with 10 conference champions and 6 at-large bids works for me.

Pay them and you will get all the top recruits. Not a bad idea

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I hate people who whine incessantly yet provide no solutions to a given problem. They are losers.

My solution is to give up on college football and USF altogether.  I'll give us the benefit of the doubt that we'll get into the B12 or some sort of improved position, otherwise my solution is to walk away and enjoy 12 new free weekends every year in the fall.

LOL, I was not referring to you but at least you have a solution. I would never have free weekends as I am an NFL fan first.

HOF post!!!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

Oy Edited by Mission9

HOF post!!!

LOL

I am not a UCF fan, I appreciate the beat, and I believe that I was the original band member in this thread. For those of you under 30 that cling to bowls, you are fooling yourselves. I grew up watching all of the big bowl games on New Year's Day. It was over, the voters voted and the MNC was granted. There were no 6-7 teams with waivers, there were no 8-5 teams, you had to actually have a great season to get into a bowl game. The violation we have no is a shell of the "Bowl tradition".

Count me in.

Here, you are actually offering a solution (even if I do not think I agree, it at least is interesting). Do you think it would cement USF and others as inferior or would it open up doors to a better future? Where would this money come from and how much? Would we be getting ourselves in bidding wars with the Big 5 like the NFL and AFL of the 60s?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Oy

Must be as long as the solving of the problem doesn't involve money ...

• Upvote 1

The Gators announcing they lost $840k on the Sugar Bowl, couldn't sell all of their 17,500 ticket allotment. With the rabid fan base they have what does this mean for even big bowls? No one wants to see Louisville?

www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22404363/report-florida-loses-840000-on-sugar-bowl-visit

I think the fact that they were disappointed not be be in the championship game is why that happened. I think the championship game has diminished the (perceived) importance of the other bowls. Part of it seems sad from a historical point of view but I have wanted to see a playoff of conference champions (like basketball was when I was a child) so I guess another part of me would like to see the bowls die.