• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Both big toes are tingling now

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Looking at that Penn State video, I like him.

If you told me that was USF, I wouldn't mind at all having that QB as our starter.

Still, I'm not getting all excited until I hear something on Thursday!

(Who knows? He may have family living near Mississippi State and that will seal the deal for them!) :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Data, there's no way in hell he'd start over Jacoby Brissett at NC State.

It's USF (guaranteed play now) or Miss State (maybe play later...maybe)

And yet, he's taking a visit there. If he felt Brissett would start ahead of him, why would they be on the list?

What you are saying makes no sense. You think he wanted to be the starter this year as a true Sophomore then expect to lose the job next year? I don't think that could possibly be his thinking.

Mitchell choosing NC State just cemented that Bench won't be going there. Too many QBs to start ahead of him now/compete with.

He can start this year for USF and continue to start for the rest of his career unless he's beaten out by White or another recruit who's an unknown.

At Miss State he will not start this year and be in a battle to start the following year.

Don't see how that doesn't make sense. Kid left Penn State because of playing time, he wants to play.

I'm not sure why this is so complicated.  At Mississippi State he'd sit a year.  Mitchell has chosen NC State, meaning Bench would presumably sit a year.

Why are you 100% convinced that he is considering MIss St and not NC St just because Mitchell chose NC St.  The situations are identical.

Looking at that Penn State video, I like him.

If you told me that was USF, I wouldn't mind at all having that QB as our starter.

Still, I'm not getting all excited until I hear something on Thursday!

(Who knows? He may have family living near Mississippi State and that will seal the deal for them!) :rolleyes:

I don't know if he'd be our starter.  But our situation has to be better with him adding depth and competition, than without.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

And yet, he's taking a visit there. If he felt Brissett would start ahead of him, why would they be on the list?

What you are saying makes no sense. You think he wanted to be the starter this year as a true Sophomore then expect to lose the job next year? I don't think that could possibly be his thinking.

Mitchell choosing NC State just cemented that Bench won't be going there. Too many QBs to start ahead of him now/compete with.

He can start this year for USF and continue to start for the rest of his career unless he's beaten out by White or another recruit who's an unknown.

At Miss State he will not start this year and be in a battle to start the following year.

Don't see how that doesn't make sense. Kid left Penn State because of playing time, he wants to play.

I'm not sure why this is so complicated.  At Mississippi State he'd sit a year.  Mitchell has chosen NC State, meaning Bench would presumably sit a year.

Why are you 100% convinced that he is considering MIss St and not NC St just because Mitchell chose NC St.  The situations are identical.

Because proven players Jacoby Brissett (4 star/3rd ranked dual threat QB) and Pete Thomas (4 Star/16th ranked pro-style QB) would be much harder to beat out than

semi-proven player Dak Prescott (3*/Non ranked DT) with unproven freshman Jamil Golden (3*/Non ranked Prostyle) and Steven Swindle

They've also got incoming freshman Cord Sandberg (4*/9th ranked DT QB) and Damian Williams (3*/Non ranked DT QB)

Sounds to me that he'd have more of a shot at Miss State than at NC State, though neither offer a better chance for playing time than USF does.

PS: no need to be an ***** either

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

I'm pretty sure that was for the Chicago Bulls. I remember reading that tweet while watching the Chicago - Miami basketball game. I would love for it to mean USF Bulls though.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

It's a decent point that even with Mitchell committing, the NC State situation only downgrades to similar to Miss State...redshirt a year then compete. But overall that situation has to take a hit and leave him with a bad taste. I think it is 70/30, Bulls over Miss St.

I'm not as impressed with the spring video as you guys. He was consistently at least a beat too late on his throws, and very often several beats too late, and that's even without OL/DL action. When you add the element of pressure he is even more late, and often just didn't find the open man at all. I hope he improves, and I hope the Bulls do a good job speeding up the decision making by making his reads easier. You see him fitting a lot of those completions through tight windows specifically because he is so late the windows are closing by the time the ball arrives. I wonder how many interceptions he threw in spring. Looks to me like it could be a lot.

Because proven players Jacoby Brissett (4 star/3rd ranked dual threat QB) and Pete Thomas (4 Star/16th ranked pro-style QB) would be much harder to beat out than

semi-proven player Dak Prescott (3*/Non ranked DT) with unproven freshman Jamil Golden (3*/Non ranked Prostyle) and Steven Swindle

They've also got incoming freshman Cord Sandberg (4*/9th ranked DT QB) and Damian Williams (3*/Non ranked DT QB)

Sounds to me that he'd have more of a shot at Miss State than at NC State, though neither offer a better chance for playing time than USF does.

Where was I an a-hole?  Seriously, I'd like to know.  I'm just having a discussion and we disagree, how does that make me a bad person?  

All of those QBs, except Mitchell, were there when Bench first decided to visit.  Clearly he wasn't worried about them before.  Mitchell is one and done, just like Mississippi State.  If the other QBs are a problem, why did he ever consider NC State?  If one and done is a problem, why is he considering Miss State?  
Edited by DataBull

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure why this is so complicated. At Mississippi State he'd sit a year. Mitchell has chosen NC State, meaning Bench would presumably sit a year.

Why are you 100% convinced that he is considering MIss St and not NC St just because Mitchell chose NC St. The situations are identical.

Because proven players Jacoby Brissett (4 star/3rd ranked dual threat QB) and Pete Thomas (4 Star/16th ranked pro-style QB) would be much harder to beat out than

semi-proven player Dak Prescott (3*/Non ranked DT) with unproven freshman Jamil Golden (3*/Non ranked Prostyle) and Steven Swindle

Where was I an a-hole? Seriously, I'd like to know. I'm just having a discussion and we disagree, how does that make me a bad person?

All of those QBs, except Mitchell, were there when Bench first decided to visit. Clearly he wasn't worried about them before. Mitchell is one and done, just like Mississippi State. If the other QBs are a problem, why did he ever consider NC State? If one and done is a problem, why is he considering Miss State?

Without Mitchell he would be the starter THIS year which would give him the experience going into next year. This would give him an advantage over the incoming QBs... He wouldn't have that if RS there...

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'm not as impressed with the spring video as you guys.

Did you see how he took the snap? And no fumbles.

Sign him up!