• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

Is it a fact yet, or are we just pretending to read Steven Bench's mind? ;)http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/article.asp?aid=24353

Pretty disjointed article .... and its still only a rumor, albeit one reported by several sources. :wink:

It's a disjointed article because various parts of it had already been written and the writer updated it with a text message he received directly from Steven Bench saying he is no longer considering NC State.

Can we honestly put aside the argumentative ridiculousness and just call a spade a spade here?

I was looking for an Update notation on it but didn't see .... That does make sense, though.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Is it a fact yet, or are we just pretending to read Steven Bench's mind? ;)http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/article.asp?aid=24353

Pretty disjointed article .... and its still only a rumor, albeit one reported by several sources. :wink:

It's a disjointed article because various parts of it had already been written and the writer updated it with a text message he received directly from Steven Bench saying he is no longer considering NC State.

Can we honestly put aside the argumentative ridiculousness and just call a spade a spade here?

I was looking for an Update notation on it but didn't see .... That does make sense, though.

It happens all the time. I find it lazy, to be honest. I'm not trying to say that as a fellow writer or anything, I'm just being honest. But you'll notice the same thing when you're reading stories from like Yahoo or CNN or any of those types of things during a situation where new information keeps breaking like the Boston Marathon situation or the Ohio Kidnapping situation. You click on a story and the first couple of paragraphs contain updates and the rest of the article looks familiar because it's cut and pasted wholesale from a previous article by the same source. Except in those case it's usually not quite as lazy or disjointed as this guy made it. This guy had outright anachronisms and contradictions in there.

Anyway I think we're just faced with the reality that Steven Bench is no longer considering NC State now that Brandon Mitchell is committing there, and so USF could get him or it could still wind up Mississippi State. Hopefully he comes to USF and hopefully he's actually good, lol.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Ok lets take a look...

The interesting aspect of the prospect of Bench possibly coming to MSU is he mentioned unprompted that he had a redshirt year open to him that he'd be willing to take in order to learn the playbook and develop chemistry with his new teammates. Bench said fifth-year senior quarterback Tyler Russell being the projected starter at the position for the 2013 season wouldn't affect his decision much as a negative against MSU when he finally decided on a new school.

"I perfectly understand that if it were to be Mississippi State, not saying that it will be or they're leading in this thing but whatever, Tyler Russell is the starter," Bench said. "If I end up at MSU, I want a chance at some point to go in and compete for a starting job."If that's at MSU and then Tyler Russell is the starter then maybe that next spring, I would get a fair shot to start from then on. I will remind everybody I have a redshirt year to use and I'm willing to do that too if I need to in order to get myself ready to be the starting quarterback for the following three years."

So if I read between the lines I read  "much as a negagtive'  it is still a negative...

and folowed with "I perfectly understand...Tyler Russell is the starter"....

For a player who wants to be a starter next year...the last two paragraphs looks like a safety valve...but not realy what he wants..

.So I still believe we are ahead in the running...and  have a good chance of him becoming a Bull and  playing at Ramond James...

Go Bulls

Read more: http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/article.asp?aid=24353#ixzz2Txrz21xt

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

For a player who wants to be a starter next year...the last two paragraphs looks like a safety valve...but not realy what he wants..

.So I still believe we are ahead in the running...and  have a good chance of him becoming a Bull and  playing at Ramond James...

Go Bulls

Good work, Bull-71!

All we need to worry about is some family member, a girlfriend, or something intangible that locks him to the MSU area.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Go Bulls

Good work, Bull-71!

All we need to worry about is some family member, a girlfriend, or something intangible that locks him to the MSU area.

I have not seen any ties to suggest ties to MSU... He did mention an easy trip to Bainbridge from Tampa ... and he still has strong ties there and Tallahassee..

Go Bulls

It happens all the time. I find it lazy, to be honest. I'm not trying to say that as a fellow writer or anything, I'm just being honest. But you'll notice the same thing when you're reading stories from like Yahoo or CNN or any of those types of things during a situation where new information keeps breaking like the Boston Marathon situation or the Ohio Kidnapping situation. You click on a story and the first couple of paragraphs contain updates and the rest of the article looks familiar because it's cut and pasted wholesale from a previous article by the same source. Except in those case it's usually not quite as lazy or disjointed as this guy made it. This guy had outright anachronisms and contradictions in there.

Anyway I think we're just faced with the reality that Steven Bench is no longer considering NC State now that Brandon Mitchell is committing there, and so USF could get him or it could still wind up Mississippi State. Hopefully he comes to USF and hopefully he's actually good, lol.

Most of those that I've seen usually have a Update Disclaimer with a date and time of the update ... It's irresponsible to me not to put one there ...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Mississippi State fan trying to do what he can to sway Bench. He says the picture was USF vs. Rutgers 2012.

Think of all the hundreds of fans you could play in front of at South Florida, @SBench12. pic.twitter.com/zpUHPOY7Tg

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

How is that not a recruiting violation?

You don't want to go there on this board....  ;)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

...you should see what some of our own do on Twitter