• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer Rumors, Tweets, Etc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Pass on Copeland. How many WR do we need?

I think this is a bad approach to take. We want these kids to want to come home and play for their hometown school, regardless of whether they made the decesion to leave elsewhere or not before Coach T got here. We want the elite local players around the NCAA to know that they can come back home and play for a great school with a Coach who prides himself on keeping local talent around and winning football games (which I am assuming we will get back to doing this year).You can never have too many WRs, I believe that was evident this year with our injuries. If you take Mike Blakely, you take Copeland as well. Show the kids that your hometown school cares about you, and wants you to succeed.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

I think this is a bad approach to take. We want these kids to want to come home and play for their hometown school, regardless of whether they made the decesion to leave elsewhere or not before Coach T got here. We want the elite local players around the NCAA to know that they can come back home and play for a great school with a Coach who prides himself on keeping local talent around and winning football games (which I am assuming we will get back to doing this year).You can never have too many WRs, I believe that was evident this year with our injuries. If you take Mike Blakely, you take Copeland as well. Show the kids that your hometown school cares about you, and wants you to succeed.

By that logic Copeland should be going to FAU.  Agree on Blakely though

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

I disagree. If they have a legit reason, such as one that would merit a hardship waiver then I agree. But just because your not getting playing time and think u'd get more at USF is not a valid reason. Not saying that is the case in these matters just stating an opinion. And if you have to many WRs it does become an issue.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Manatee's Kinnan doesn't think ex-Auburn RB Mike Blakely will go to USF: "As far as I know, he's done. I think his football career is over."

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

That's a shame, hope he is alright physically and mentally.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Shades of Aycock?  Maybe he'll have a change of heart if he starts missing the game.  UF-Sit a year-Auburn-likely sit another year.  Can't be fun...but he can still get his education paid for, so hopefully someone can convince him to focus on the bigger picture.  Of course, if it' injuries, then that's just a shame.  Best of luck in whatever he chooses.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

This was mentioned in another thread recently, but it probably belongs here.

WKU RB Antonio Andrews may transfer to USF as a graduate student. He wouldn't have to sit out a year. Has a ring of truth, IMO.

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=11985.0

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

I was just checking one draft board that doesnt have Andrews on it as a RB, or at all. Must be the final year of eligibility and he hasnt declared?  Same site has Demetrius Murray as #52 RB on the board.

Edited by inTransit

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I was just checking one draft board that doesnt have Andrews on it as a RB, or at all. Must be the final year of eligibility and he hasnt declared?  Same site has Demetrius Murray as #52 RB on the board.

Yes, Jan. 15th was the final date to declare.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

WVU RB Antonio Andrews may transfer to USF as a graduate student. He wouldn't have to sit out a year. Has a ring of truth, IMO. 

Good thing he graduated. It'd be hard to get those credits to transfer as we don't offer degrees in couch burning.

Edit: Nevermind, after reading the link, he is from WKU, not WVU.

Edited by TheUpperHand