• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer Rumors, Tweets, Etc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Greg also mentioned that maybe we're waiting on a graduating QB.

Any idea who that mgiht be?

Oklahoma's Drew Allen would be one possibility.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Thanks. Seems like somebody mentioned him earlier. Anybody else out there?

"

Oklahoma QB Drew Allen considering transfer
By Tom Fornelli | Blogger

January 26, 2013 11:44 am ET

Oklahoma quarterback Drew Allen, with one year of eligibility left, is exploring his options as he considers a transfer to a new school.

"I have a permission to contact form that allows me to look around, talk to other schools," tweeted Allen on Friday. "Doesn't mean I am transferring yet."

Even with Landry Jones graduating and moving on to the NFL, Allen does not see a lot of playing time for himself with the Sooners as Blake Bell, junior next season, took over the role of Jones' backup in 2012. There's also redshirt freshman quarterback Trevor Knight, who impressed coaches while running the scout team this season that could stand between Allen and the field.

Allen is scheduled to graduate in May. Should he decide to transfer, he would not have to sit out a year.

He did not play in 2012 but saw action during his freshman and sophomore seasons. Allen threw 30 passes in those two seasons, completing 18 for 160 yards. He also had five rushes for 17 yards and his only career touchdown.

For more college football news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCFB on Twitter, subscribe to our RSS Feed, college football newsletter, and get the Eye On College Football Podcast from iTunes. You can follow Tom Fornelli on Twitter here: @TomFornelli.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21616168/oklahoma-qb-drew-allen-considering-transfer

"

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I wasn't sure where to put this post.  

It sounds like getting a second RB isn't going to be too difficult.  If GA is correct, we have a couple of pretty good RBs waiting for an offer which apparently is waiting on JoJo.  Getting a second QB is a different deal.  Not hearing too many rumblings on that position.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Kyle Bennett â€@KyleBennett247

RT @Mengus22: I've heard USF as a possible landing spot. RT @PMARSHONAU: Blakely no longer on Auburn football team

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565

Going to need some confirmation on this.......

EagleDamnWar â€@EagleDamnWar

Former Auburn RB Mike Blakely is headed to USF per Rivals.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

His second transfer? Gators -> Auburn -> USF? Not a great sign... hope it works out here.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

AUBURN, Alabama – Tailback Mike Blakely is no longer a member of the Auburn football team. 

Blakely played sparingly last season, but was Auburn's third-leading rusher, gaining 153 yards on 33 carries. He had carries in only two of Auburn's eight SEC games, and didn't have a carry the final four league games.

He played as a redshirt freshman last year after sitting out the 2011 season after transferring from Florida.

Tre Mason will return for his junior season after rushing for a 1,000 yards last year, but Blakely's departure, along with the departure of senior Onterio McCalebb, has Auburn looking to replenish its running back crops this recruiting season. Carmeron Artis-Payne, a junior college transfer, is already in school and will participate in spring practice. The Tigers are also recruiting running backs in Johnathan Ford, Tarean Folston and Cornelius Elder.

----------------------

So he went from FL to Auburn now possibly to USF?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Kyle Bennett â€@KyleBennett247

RT @Mengus22: I've heard USF as a possible landing spot. RT @PMARSHONAU: Blakely no longer on Auburn football team

VELLLLY INTERESTING  Looks like he wants some carries

go bulls

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

Blakely has issues with pro style offense. He left Florida because if that and Auburn also started running pro style