• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer Rumors, Tweets, Etc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

What about the QB talk, seems like that was a Teo!!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

AUBURN, Alabama – Tailback Mike Blakely is no longer a member of the Auburn football team. 

Blakely played sparingly last season, but was Auburn's third-leading rusher, gaining 153 yards on 33 carries. He had carries in only two of Auburn's eight SEC games, and didn't have a carry the final four league games.

He played as a redshirt freshman last year after sitting out the 2011 season after transferring from Florida.

Tre Mason will return for his junior season after rushing for a 1,000 yards last year, but Blakely's departure, along with the departure of senior Onterio McCalebb, has Auburn looking to replenish its running back crops this recruiting season. Carmeron Artis-Payne, a junior college transfer, is already in school and will participate in spring practice. The Tigers are also recruiting running backs in Johnathan Ford, Tarean Folston and Cornelius Elder.

----------------------

So he went from FL to Auburn now possibly to USF?

If I understand the 5 year rule, unless got a hardship waiver, he'd sit 2013, play 2014 & 2015.  I really liked this guy coming out of HS, but knew we had no chance.  Not sure what his struggles are, but if he clear Taggart, welcome aboard.  Of course, we have to try to forget the last Auburn RB transfer, Aycock, who never saw the field [but ate a schollie, short time, I believe]

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

His second transfer? Gators -> Auburn -> USF? Not a great sign... hope it works out here.

I have hope.  so much depends on the coaching..He might be a "scape goat"considering Auburn's last season.  Lead blocking etc.  I don't know this young man but I do believe if Willie offers him it will be for the right reasons.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

Would make sense. Played for....wait for it.....Manatee Bradenton. He almost transferred to USF after he left UF after a semester. Would make even more sense for him to come back home now. In fact, I can't really imagine him going anywhere else at this point. IMO

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Blakely-98997;_ylt=AjKyp5JY8zP4CfyQu3XVMeV6uZB4

Edited by KevinUSF00

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Would make sense. Played for....wait for it.....Manatee Bradenton. He almost transferred to USF after he left UF after a semester. Would make even more sense for him to come back home now. In fact, I can't really imagine him going anywhere else at this point. IMO

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Blakely-98997;_ylt=AjKyp5JY8zP4CfyQu3XVMeV6uZB4

could he get some kind of hardship waiver? Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

It works for me.. Build that wall arround  I-4 and know you will play in front of your family and friends, I also believe players will want to excell for their HS buds.

Go Bulls

Matt Porter â€@mattyports

#NCState, #USF and #FAU appear to be destinations for former Treasure Coast WR Travares Copeland, who left #WVU last season.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Travares-Copeland-106527;_ylt=Ahajso0cNzsLDJ5W22pfzNx6uZB4

More on Copeland:

Freshman wide receiver Travares Copeland is leaving the Mountaineers for "personal reasons."

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/2012/11/8/3619176/travares-copeland-west-virginia-football

West Virginia Mountaineers coach Dana Holgorsen announced on Thursday that freshman wide receiver Travares Copeland has left the football team. Holgorsen stated that Copelan left for "personal reasons" and declined further comment.

The Mountaineers planned on redshirting Copeland this season, but pulled the shirt during their game against Texas Tech Red Raiders. Copeland hauled in ten catches for 55 yards, and started at receiver against the Kansas St. Wildcats and the TCU Horned Frogs.

Copeland had indicated on his Twitter account Wednesday that he was considering a transfer, and that the reasons for transfer were family related.

Rivals.com ranked Copeland as a three-star recruit of high school. Copeland was a dual-threat quarterback for Treasure Coast High in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Copeland also visited Florida International and Rutgers before committing to West Virginia.

West Virginia will square off Saturday against the Oklahoma St. Cowboys. Kickoff is at 3:30 p.m. ET, with coverage on ABC/ESPN2.

Additional information from this report:

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/sports/on-the-mountain/36030-wr-travares-copeland-leaves-program

There was a flurry of information from his twitter account over the course of the last day that suggested a departure was nearing.

The account, @T_COP3LAND had a message yesterday that read “I think Transfering is best 4my situation back at home…I ask god to #OrderMyFootsteps??

According to the release Head Coach Dana Holgorsen “will have no further comment.â€

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Pass on Copeland. How many WR do we need?

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

does a transfer count for a scholly during the year they have to sit?