• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Robert Weiner's immediate impact?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I'm pretty impressed that Grady even knows who Marquel is ...

As far Weiner goes, I'm more concerned with his ability to coach up the wr's. We've got a pretty talented group, on paper, and I feel they let our qb's down on more than one occasion last year.

I believe his coaching record speaks for his ability to coach...no matter the position

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Bullwinkle- far from the best WR corp in the state... AD is solid, hopefully we can get Griffin back healthy. Solid WR corp, but not the best. Trip- I have a hunch Grady knew Blackwell through Team Tampa.

Stand by my statement. Didn't say WIDE receivers, but the whole of our rec. corps, incl. Price, Mcfarland et al across the middle. Who has a better group of receivers? As to our receiving corps, BJ threw an uncatchable ball, too hard, behind guys and with zero touch. Please don't judge our receivers based on that. Almost impossible to catch a pass thrown 90 mph at your feet. Montgomery, Davis, Welch, Hopkins, Gonzalez(never given a chance), Mitchell. Stack em up against anyone in FL if coached properly.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

BW, I bleed green and gold, but I would put ours 4th in the state. What has McFarland done? AD disappeared for half of the season. I love the speed of flea and Mitchell, but their size has hurt them (literally and figuratively). I counted about 7 drops in that temple game that should have been easy catches.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

I'm pretty impressed that Grady even knows who Marquel is ...

As far Weiner goes, I'm more concerned with his ability to coach up the wr's. We've got a pretty talented group, on paper, and I feel they let our qb's down on more than one occasion last year.

I believe his coaching record speaks for his ability to coach...no matter the position

When I said concerned, it wasn't really questioning his ability to coach, just that that was more important to me than whatever recruiting abilities he might bring ... although, I'm not going to assume that just because he won as a head coach means he's a great coach for every position, either. Time will tell ...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think Grady might have been at Freedom when Blackwell was there too.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'll take Orson Charles over Josh Grady when it comes to commenting on this hire. Josh would be lucky to carry Orson's jock.

"I really do feel in my heart that he's going to be great as the receivers coach at USF...congratulations. You got a great coach." - former Plant player, former Georgia Bulldog, current Cincinnati Bengal TE, Orson Charles

"Taggart Already Messing Up . Hired A Dude That Never Coached WR's & Didn't Even Hire Blackwell , The Most Vital Person USF Ever Had .. Smh" - 3rd string WR for the 7th place team in the SEC, Josh Grady

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Did some googling and I did remember correctly. Grady was the QB at Freedom when Blackwell was the HC.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

With all due respect to Blackwell, who is maybe my second favorite player ever, I think Matt Grothe was the most significant player in USF history.  The wins during the Grothe years are the ones that got the program noticed.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

With all due respect to Blackwell, who is maybe my second favorite player ever, I think Matt Grothe was the most significant player in USF history.  The wins during the Grothe years are the ones that got the program noticed.

This. USF HoF for sure. 

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Very intriguing and exciting hire.  

And the only detractor thats involved in football is a vandy player with a twitter account?