• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Robert Weiner's immediate impact?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

I would assume his main responsibility is to go out and recruit the area. His record at Plant says something but his ability to have player after player with the talent they had go to his school says something more to me. I played baseball for him for one year in 04 before he got the job at Plant, good career move. He was a terrible baseball coach, obviously not his specialty. I would imagine CWT has things he wants done with the WR's and Wiener will be following that script. Just get the top notch talent he got at Plant and his job is safe.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Very intriguing and exciting hire.  

And the only detractor thats involved in football is a vandy player with a twitter account?

A player who chose Vandy over USF for a shot at QB, which he's not at Vandy.  He chose Vandy because they lied to his face over USF being honest with him and now USF is the bad guy...

Kids will be kids.  Besides, Blackwell is not entirely out yet.  He just wont be a position coach.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

With all due respect to Blackwell, who is maybe my second favorite player ever, I think Matt Grothe was the most significant player in USF history.  The wins during the Grothe years are the ones that got the program noticed.

You can make an argument for both as far as being significant. Blackwell's win at Pitt and the 9-2 record the next year probably played a factor in getting the program noticed and helped along the inclusion to CUSA and the subsequent entry into the BE. Grothe's wins, while more and better, haven't really paid any significant dividends.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i would argue that grothe's wins have really put us on the map...

most of the folks out of state only recognize USF cuz we were # 2 in the nation... When i go out of town people say: "Oh yeah i know USF, you guys were #2 in the country for a bit"

haha

___

On topic -- i'm not sure Weiner will have a huge impact with this class, next year, i think he will.

On blackwell - the guy is probably not a good coach. Skip passes and it looks like Willie will pass. He cant GA again at USF and the offensive staff seems full.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

John C. Cotey â€@JohnnyHomeTeam

No truth to the rumor that Wilder Jr., Murray and Ely now transferring to USF w/ Hargreaves, Ivie, Sherit and Bailey switching commitments.

Retweeted by Bulls247

one can dream......

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

No truth to the rumor that Wilder Jr., Murray and Ely now transferring to USF w/ Hargreaves, Ivie, Sherit and Bailey switching commitments.

Retweeted by Bulls247

one can dream......

Holy crap. The Times is having to dispel rumors like THAT???!!! Weiner is going to make a huge difference in this program. This guy puts his heart and soul into teams. His players worship him. It's no wonder he has gotten the results he has at Plant.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Retweeted by Bulls247

one can dream......

Holy crap. The Times is having to dispel rumors like THAT???!!! Weiner is going to make a huge difference in this program. This guy puts his heart and soul into teams. His players worship him. It's no wonder he has gotten the results he has at Plant.

My guess is that was a joke.

This quoting **** is crap, BTW.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I'm pretty sure theman is correct that its a joke and I completely agree on the quoting

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

I think it's pretty obvious it was a joke .... and so is the Quote malfunction.