• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Like him, Didn't like his skills- BJ left it all on the field

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Thanks BJ.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

still trying to understand the physics of some of those runs especially the one at 7:30

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

I always saw him as a Pat White type.. should have just run a spread option with him the entire time. I dont know why skip holtz decided he should take snaps from under center. was he trying to prepare him for the NFL?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Thanks BJ for leaving it on the field

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102

I was never convinced on Daniels. Now do not get me wrong, he had ability. What his major downfall was, was his decision making. Daniels had the arm and legs to make him a great QB, however, I believe failed coaching is what held him back. Couple the failed coaching with a lack of running game and look what you got. Turnovers. Stupid turnovers at that.

Now some will argue that BJ did not get a lot of help. This is true in part. Due to injuries, supporting depth was very limited. This is also a failure on coaching and recruiting.

Will BJ make it to the pros? I do not think so. Too inconsistent and poor decision making. I think his best bet at this point would be to jump right in as a GA and learn how to coach under some good coaches and possibly proceed that route. Or better yet. Use the degree.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Will BJ make it to the pros? I do not think so.

Of course he won't, it's not even a question. There's as much of a chance of Skip Holtz becoming an NFL quarterback next year as there is of BJ Daniels doing it. That has absolutely zero to do with his performance and his contributions made while at USF.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Daniels was at his best improvising. His decision-making, however, was always his biggest negative. He had all the physical tools to really be an excellent QB, and whether it's lack of proper coaching, injuries, etc., I don't think he reached his full potential at USF.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

athletic freak, just a poor decision maker and innaccurate. it wasn't his fault that he was our best qb option, it was our staffs for not bringing in a decent qb recruit the last few years to challenge him. with that being said, ive questioned all aspects of his game at certain points, but his heart is one thing ive never questioned.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

easy to question the decision making capabilities of a 20-ish young man who has 3.5 seconds to make the best choice, often amongst lousy choices, before be smashed into. just keep rockin' the recliner.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

easy to question the decision making capabilities of a 20-ish young man who has 3.5 seconds to make the best choice, often amongst lousy choices, before be smashed into. just keep rockin' the recliner.

+1

good stuff here.

he wasn't used properly and he wasn't developed. anybody who questions his skills doesn't have a clue.