• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip's LA Tech Presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

A reporter just asked him if he felt he needed redemption after USF.

Holtz said he was doing a great job, especially bringing our athletes academics from last in the Big East to second. He also cited injuries this year. Overall statement was "I just ran out of time" to improve the team.

Mebbe so, but he never seemed to run out of timeouts...

or excuses

nor excuses why he still had timeouts left

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Holtz said he was doing a great job, especially bringing our athletes academics from last in the Big East to second. He also cited injuries this year. Overall statement was "I just ran out of time" to improve the team.

Holtz is a idiot in denial. Great job? Injuries? Our only notable injuries were Lamar, Daniels and Sterling. Lamar and Daniels were lost after we already had 5 & 6 losses. F Holtz and his ****** excuses.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,518
  • Days Won:  10

Best of luck to him and LA Tech. Now, are we off the hook for any part of his buyout because of this new contact?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Best of luck to him and LA Tech. Now, are we off the hook for any part of his buyout because of this new contact?

nope. still pay the $2.5 mill

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

He was a good man. His intentions were to build a foundation based on academics first. He had begun that by increasing the graduation rates, the way he did. Too bad he could not accomplish it and at least maintain the win/loss percentage.

I wish him well.

Edited by swamprat

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

nope. still pay the $2.5 mill

that is outrageous

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

The problem I have with this sentiment is, he took over a team that had gone bowling five straight years, and by his second year had turned it into hands down the worst team in the Big East. Improvement would have been great, but how about at least maintaining the status quo? Holtz didn't get fired for failing to improve the team, he got fired for making it much, much worse. But I wouldn't expect him to say anything other than what he said in this press conference, I guess.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

You know because all coaches should be the same. I know Skip didn't work out here, and I wanted him gone as much as the next person , but I hope he kills it at La Tech to offset some of the **** people have given the most minute details of his tenure...

No program should have to suffer through what he will bring to the table. He will not kill it at La Tech. Looking at past results, 6-8 wins is his max. Nice person, but one of the worst coaches in the game. The only reason he one three games is because we have decent. We were very close to being the Southern Miss of the BCS teams.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Skip's going to win the NC at LaTech, book it.

The only reason he came to USF was because he was sent here by his evil overlords in Bristol to destroy the program.

Mission accomplished. Now it's Cinderella Time!

/satire

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

No program should have to suffer through what he will bring to the table.

LOL ... It has been only a couple of weeks so I guess the butt hurt is still understandable from our more sensitive fans.