• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football out of ICU: 100% recovery is expected!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I expect to win every game next year, but will not be calling for his head in 2013, no matter the win total.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

And support your new head coach!

He better hope he doesn't start off losing. This fan base has zero tolerance for losses. If he has lost the first 5 games, watch the calls to can him.

Complete nonsense. If he isn't winning after the 2nd year and the 3rd year is going backwards, yeah then there is a problem. The fan base is mart enough to know what this is a rebuilding year.

Its when you take a consistent bowl team and miss bowls 2 years in a row and set several team all time lows, offensively, defensively, record wise with a senior laden team with nothing pointing to progress for the next year you have need for a change.

Taggart is taking over a horrible team while Skippy took over a decent (not great) team. Skippy was supposed to be the one to take USF football "to the next level". Taggart has the challenge just to make USF a winner again yet does not shy away from taking USF to the top. I never believed in Skippy and became more vocal this year as I did not embrace the suck. I have no worries about Taggart as I know he will win.

In other words, Taggart is coming into a much worse situation but USF football will do much better under him than it ever did with Skippy.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

If he brings in Shannon on D, recruits well, 2013 won't be a bad year... 2014 and 2015 should be sick

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Here's what I didn't like:

Leavitt: Had no money for assistants and then he didn't recruit well enough in the later years. And he never upgraded the assistants. He basically operated out of the same paradigm that brought USF out of the minor leagues. Sure, we got to #2 and all of that, but that's like taking a Pinto and redlining it. You can get it going pretty good --for about ten minutes. Why no Big East titles? The old Pinto of a program couldn't get it done on the highway.

Holtz: Bad assistants. Couldn't recruit. Couldn't motivate players. To be honest, he probably would have done much better at Notre Dame or some place like that. It's a completely different sort of program here at USF.

Coach Taggart, here's what I'm hanging my hat on:

1) Jim Harbaugh's magic. I hope he learned everything that made Jim Harbaugh successful and brought it to USF.

2) He chooses excellent assistants.

3) He can get us the players that we need to win.

USF hasn't been a better program because the last two coaches didn't have everything working. All the major programs in the country have all the cylinders running. It's never been done at USF up to this point in time.

My biggest fear about Coach Taggart? He's so young and only knows other young coaches and so his staff is going to lack that veteran experience. Everybody is worrying about this recruiting class, etc. Me, I'm most concerned about who he chooses to be on his staff. If he fills it with a bunch of people all under 30 years old, we are all going to be in for a long bus ride!

Edited by Beta4East1989

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i feel fine about his recruiting skills

his staff will be important

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

So excited about CWT potential , this was going to be one crappy offseason, now there is hope. Levitt was able to bring Burham on board who 20 years older. I don't think CWT only brings in young coaches.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Couple of concerns reading the article quickly. He said WKU was a dream of a lifetime. He's followed it all his life. So it follows that he can't possibly say that about USF. Not that you need to know the program you are taking over, but he bleeds red according to the article, not green and gold.

Also, a lot was said in the past (on this board) re: working with the talent you have, fitting round pegs in square holes. Seems he has his system and he will implement that system. So IF the current players don't fit that system we are in for a long wait until his players are in place. Realistically some of our players should and will fit his system. But I don't expect us to magically be able to run the ball for 273 yds/game like at WKU.

Having said that I believe that he will be able to recruit toward his style and eventually be successful. But that "it's a sprint...." comment is just press conference talk. This may not turn around in 1, 2 or even 3 years IF the players in place don't fit his system.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

And some of our fanbase already has Taggart walking on water...

He's a great hire. I'm amped.

He's got a lot of work to do. Lets hope the Darksiders keep that in mind.

The only thing the Darksiders are concerned with is ensuring they get the attention they feel they deserve

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

And some of our fanbase already has Taggart walking on water...

He's a great hire. I'm amped.

He's got a lot of work to do. Lets hope the Darksiders keep that in mind.

And, I think a lot of fences to mend. I think the fanbase is smart enough to at least consider progress a sign of good coaching. I'd love to see USF compete within and win as many Big East championships as possible. Everything else will work itself out.