• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Better Pull The Trigger Quick

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

tenn fans weren't going to be happy with anybody but gruden

lol i'm sure rational UT fans knew Gruden was not going. but to "fall" to Jones, they sure weren't expecting that.

who else was a realistic possibilty other than strong that was considered before jones?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If you believe Doug Woulard is sitting around playing Angry Birds while you are sitting around hitting F5 raise your hand.

I know a couple of hands went up.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

or it may be that we are doing our due diligence . personally I think there are a lot of very good candidates out there and perhaps Woolard is taking his time vetting them.

can't take too much time. that is the issue. i understand doing our due diligence, but you gotta build your fence before the coyotes take your prized chickens.

It has been FIVE days...

I understand that. in those FIVE days great coaches have landed new jobs. Think about if you were a coaching candidate.

How long did it take Cal, Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee to hire someone? And were we really in those coaches ballparks?

In the end it all comes down to this. We have no clue who we are talking to, and what we are talking about. We aren't a destination job, we can't just up and select whoever we want.

If we want a coach I'm sure we'll make the offer at the appropriate time.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

or it may be that we are doing our due diligence . personally I think there are a lot of very good candidates out there and perhaps Woolard is taking his time vetting them.

can't take too much time. that is the issue. i understand doing our due diligence, but you gotta build your fence before the coyotes take your prized chickens.

5 days for probably the most important job in our athletic department. do you think companies hire a ceo in 5 days? there are a ton of qualified candidates. heck names keep popping up that I never thought but wouldn't mind at all. I'd rather Wollard do his due dilligence and make an informed decsicion than make a quick call and have something blow up.

actually F500's usually hire pretty fast(can't keep the market guessing and making your stock volatile), but i get your point.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If you believe Doug Woulard is sitting around playing Angry Birds while you are sitting around hitting F5 raise your hand.

He's playing Minecraft.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Supposedly Cincy is telling coaches that they will be in ACC by 2016.

The next coach at Cincy may well be in the ACC in 2016. Just probably not with Cincy.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

He's playing Minecraft.

Building an OCS

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

He's playing Minecraft.

Building an OCS

No yet, he's still mining stone

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It has been FIVE days...

I understand that. in those FIVE days great coaches have landed new jobs. Think about if you were a coaching candidate.

With where we stand in the pecking order of college football. we have to wait for those jobs to fill because no good candidate that is in the running is going to accept the USF job if they have a realistic shot at a more prestigious program. This works pretty much the same way in our recruiting. We could hurry up and make a hire but the candidate pool we would have to choose from would be of poor quality.