• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Better Pull The Trigger Quick

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

or it may be that we are doing our due diligence . personally I think there are a lot of very good candidates out there and perhaps Woolard is taking his time vetting them.

can't take too much time. that is the issue. i understand doing our due diligence, but you gotta build your fence before the coyotes take your prized chickens.

It has been FIVE days...

I understand that. in those FIVE days great coaches have landed new jobs. Think about if you were a coaching candidate.

How long did it take Cal, Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee to hire someone? And were we really in those coaches ballparks?

In the end it all comes down to this. We have no clue who we are talking to, and what we are talking about. We aren't a destination job, we can't just up and select whoever we want.

If we want a coach I'm sure we'll make the offer at the appropriate time.

Cal - Nov 27th to Dec 5th(hired Dykes) - One week

Arkansas - Nov24th(technically John L Smith's last day as coach) to Dec 4th( date Bielema officially hired. agreed to contract Dec 2th )- Week and two days

Auburn- Nov 25th to Dec 4th -a lil over a week

Tennesse is the excpetion cuz they couldn't get anyone until Jones. As you can tell its actually rather quick.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

And you belive USF had the power in the coaching market place to make a quality hire just as quickly? Most quality candidates were looking at those jobs first.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

or it may be that we are doing our due diligence . personally I think there are a lot of very good candidates out there and perhaps Woolard is taking his time vetting them.

can't take too much time. that is the issue. i understand doing our due diligence, but you gotta build your fence before the coyotes take your prized chickens.

It has been FIVE days...

I understand that. in those FIVE days great coaches have landed new jobs. Think about if you were a coaching candidate.

How long did it take Cal, Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee to hire someone? And were we really in those coaches ballparks?

In the end it all comes down to this. We have no clue who we are talking to, and what we are talking about. We aren't a destination job, we can't just up and select whoever we want.

nobody can select whomever they want. everyone has a realstic pool of candidates to choose from. this talk about a destination job is ridiculous. There is no such thing. Saban left LSU. Spurrier left UF. Carrol left USC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It has been FIVE days...

Arkansas - Nov24th(technically John L Smith's last day as coach) to Dec 4th( date Bielema officially hired. agreed to contract Dec 2th )- Week and two days

Tennesse is the excpetion cuz they couldn't get anyone until Jones. As you can tell its actually rather quick.

(1) Those are all longer periods of time than we've taken to date

(2) They're all major BCS jobs

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It has been FIVE days...

it hasn't even been a week for us. if they have someone by sunday will you be happy?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

It has been FIVE days...

it hasn't even been a week for us. if they have someone by sunday will you be happy?

yep :D. and i know it hasn't been a week, just reitarating that it doesn't take as long as you guys are imagining. especially once the program feels its found the right guy.

edit: im typing fast so excuse the misspellings haha

Edited by usfvictor