• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Better Pull The Trigger Quick

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sick of "we better move quickly" posts.

Thanks for sharing. I dont think we need to hurry, rather be right than quick. However, the longer this goes on the more likely we end up with someone off the radar which will send this place into riots.

like Jones to UT.

But thats a top job in the best conference. USF doesnt offer that.

Nevermind, not sure what you mean there-

i meant that they missed on their top candiates and forced to settle on Jones. which from twitter, their fanbase in underwhelmed.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Thanks for sharing. I dont think we need to hurry, rather be right than quick. However, the longer this goes on the more likely we end up with someone off the radar which will send this place into riots.

The idea of "pulling the trigger quick" is jaded. It takes two sides to come to an agreement. We can pull the trigger all we want, if the other side isn't budging or responding there is nothing we can do.

or it may be that we are doing our due diligence . personally I think there are a lot of very good candidates out there and perhaps Woolard is taking his time vetting them.

like Jones to UT.

I think he meant that Butch Jones was not UT's best option but he's the best of a dwindling number of good coaches on the market... Jones was "off the radar" as far as UT was concerned.

yep. funny i just posted that too. dang it you beat me to it!! lol

like Jones to UT.

i meant that they missed on their top candiates and forced to settle on Jones. which from twitter, their fanbase in underwhelmed.

maybe they shouldn't believe pie in the sky rumors about jon gruden. sure strong was realistic but Uofl is no slouch. he was not going to leave unless it was for a considerable amount more. he just got 8 years from UofL. Tenn could have overpaid for him if they truly wanted him.

or it may be that we are doing our due diligence . personally I think there are a lot of very good candidates out there and perhaps Woolard is taking his time vetting them.

can't take too much time. that is the issue. i understand doing our due diligence, but you gotta build your fence before the coyotes take your prized chickens.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

can't take too much time. that is the issue. i understand doing our due diligence, but you gotta build your fence before the coyotes take your prized chickens.

It has been FIVE days...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

tenn fans weren't going to be happy with anybody but gruden

It has been FIVE days...

I understand that. in those FIVE days great coaches have landed new jobs. Think about if you were a coaching candidate.

tenn fans weren't going to be happy with anybody but gruden

lol i'm sure rational UT fans knew Gruden was not going. but to "fall" to Jones, they sure weren't expecting that.

5 days for probably the most important job in our athletic department. do you think companies hire a ceo in 5 days? there are a ton of qualified candidates. heck names keep popping up that I never thought but wouldn't mind at all. I'd rather Wollard do his due dilligence and make an informed decsicion than make a quick call and have something blow up.