• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think Doug's job is riding on the success of this next coach. If I was him, I would worry about bringing in an unproven coach or someone without credentials.

It's just an opinion of course

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

He is my least favorite candidate.

Consistent .500 team at UNC. Academic issues. BLEHEhh

3 straight 8 win seasons. 3 straight bowl games. yes he was .500 in conference but he was just starting to turn that program around.

as for the academic issues, it has been said multiple times that he was cleared of any wrong doing by the ncaa. he isn't guilty of anything. he was fired at UNC so the school could save face, not because he did anything wrong.

he recruited a bunch of kids that not only cheated in academics but also accepted illegal benefits from agents. he may have been cleared but he ran a dirty program. no thanks. I may not want altar boys that holtz brought in but i don't want guys who cheat either.

by that same notion holtz recruited guys that beat their girlfriends, and stole iphones.

how was davis to know what the kids he recruited would do behind his back? unless they were doing the same thing in highschool he would have had no idea they would do it in college.

find a person who can predict what 18-22 year olds will do in the future and USF might hire them.

that was a transfer and a walk on. he didn't recruit either of them.

I get you can't control everybody but i guarantee a program like Stanford will have less player arrests than say UF. it goes to the character of the recruits.

He might not have recruited them out of high school but he did recruit them when they decided to transfer or walk on. Holtz could have easily said no to both of them but didn't. Therefore he did allow their services on his team, so he should by your reasoning be held accountable for their actions and be labeled.

You can't control what others will do in the future and you can't control them from doing what they want. The UNC debacle was more an institutional problem not a coach problem. NCAA says he's clean and he didn't receive any punishment. UNC just tried to save face and make the mess go away from media scrutiny so they fired him. Their own chancellor even backed up Davis after the firing.

Btw, I guess if he was so "tainted" as you claim, USF wouldn't be talking to him but they are.

an institutional problem where nearly 40% of the cheaters were football players. almost $30k in illegal gifts. I love how people deflect blame. he ran a dirty program. whether or not he knew. just because usf is supposedly interviewing him doesn't make what happened disappear. I get it's no longer about the student anymore. it's only about the athlete but i don't want our program to become a renagade program like some of the football factories in the past.

10/10 times I'll take the guy looking for a few extra bucks vs the guy that beats on his woman.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

why is this even a thread..has it ever been mentioned by anyone he is a canidate or anyone from usf is going to reach out to him. He does not seem like an option.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I saw tweets from earlier today indicating he was going to interview tomorrow.

EDIT. Actually an article

@gregauman: With Mike MacIntyre emerging as a new name in USF search (via @38godfrey) here's background on San Jose State coach.

http://t.co/BH0qyr6y

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

why is this even a thread..has it ever been mentioned by anyone he is a canidate or anyone from usf is going to reach out to him. He does not seem like an option.

Yes they said he may be interviewing and they talked. Not sure who †they†is, some people on twitter

wow if they are interviewing davis and people are saying leach isnt an option. Leach only had a kid sit out in a dark "big" SHED..for a concussion and was never actually substantiated he did anything wrong. Butch has bagggage too. I will take either one of those. I like butch and I think he would be able to recruit the hell out of kids and if he is getting interviewed I honestly do not know if anyone else has a shot.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165

I say we go big and get Butch.. last time, we took a risk on an up-and-comer in Skip. Not to say that if we did this time around, it wouldnt work. But I feel like we have an opportunity to make a big splash here and we should. At the least, we know Butch can assemble a strong supporting staff.

Yea if im going to get off my passion for someone who can produce a top 10 offense like clemsons oc...I will take butch.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Saw on another site he was offered the tenn job

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Saw on another site he was offered the tenn job

Sure that was Butch Davis and not Butch Jones?