• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Mike White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Good story. I could be wrong, but it seems as though the Herald doesn't have the most up-to-date recruit list for us ...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Didn't realize his comp percentage was better than johnny football his senior year.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Did we find a diamond in the hay?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Only 2 interceptions is really exceptional for high school.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Ya 22 tds to 2 Ints is impressive. And the reality is it was his first year starting. So imo if this kid had had one more year on his belt,with those numbers,being the starting qb of a state championship Florida team he would be offered by every big team in the country.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Ya 22 tds to 2 Ints is impressive. And the reality is it was his first year starting. So imo if this kid had had one more year on his belt,with those numbers,being the starting qb of a state championship Florida team he would be offered by every big team in the country.
Great point!

Really Bullish on this kid.....

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

I enjoy reading player quotes and twitter to get an idea of the recruiting pitch our guys are using.  Liked this quote "USF is a great opportunity for QBs right now. With a new staff, it’s a level playing field. I’m confident in my abilities and feel I have a good chance, as good as anybody, right now for a starting job."

Thats a really good point for a new coaching regime to make.  You new guys will all get a look as the current players do.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

With the receiving corps that we have, this kid can do some work. Really nice highlights.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

i definitely like the fact he is 6'5" and at 200, he could probably end up putting 15-20 lbs on easy with Hans pumping him up. he looks like he has decent mobility on rollouts and bootlegs, kid has a nice arm on those as well (his baseball pitching strength shows up here). i like his delivery - when he decides to throw, his arm goes back fast and the ball gets out. i feel like taggart has had his eye on this kid for a while and if we can have a decent running game, this kid looks like he'll be just fine.

watching more of it, he has really quick feet, he looks like peyton manning out there with his happy feet. he almost bounces and gets set when he makes his reads. i can see him scanning the field and coming back to a screen or a dump off and those are the plays that keep drives alive more so than big bombs. harbaughs/taggarts offense loves the TE screens and with the TE talent we have, we might be really dangerous over and up the middle.

he was making a few throws that look like he didn't even put his all into it, pure arm strength, nice to see. i could see him redshirt and learn the offense while eveld and floyd stay ahead of him but he has a future for sure.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

i definitely like the fact he is 6'5" and at 200, he could probably end up putting 15-20 lbs on easy with Hans pumping him up. he looks like he has decent mobility on rollouts and bootlegs, kid has a nice arm on those as well (his baseball pitching strength shows up here). i like his delivery - when he decides to throw, his arm goes back fast and the ball gets out. i feel like taggart has had his eye on this kid for a while and if we can have a decent running game, this kid looks like he'll be just fine.

watching more of it, he has really quick feet, he looks like peyton manning out there with his happy feet. he almost bounces and gets set when he makes his reads. i can see him scanning the field and coming back to a screen or a dump off and those are the plays that keep drives alive more so than big bombs. harbaughs/taggarts offense loves the TE screens and with the TE talent we have, we might be really dangerous over and up the middle.

he was making a few throws that look like he didn't even put his all into it, pure arm strength, nice to see. i could see him redshirt and learn the offense while eveld and floyd stay ahead of him but he has a future for sure.

My thoughts, too...he takes the snaps & get to the pocket while scanning, smoothly & quickly.  Quick release.  Lots to grow, but a good foundation.