• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SKIP HOLTZ TO RESIGN AFTER PITT GAME TONIGHT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Beating ND was awesome, i was there as many on here were, but let's be real, ALOT OF TEAMS BEAT THAT ND TEAM THAT SEASON! Same for those other big wins that are being alluded to. Fact is, when you watched the games under CJL, the talent was there, we were just a smidge away from this program becoming a real legitimate world beater and annual top 25 team which would've been awesome for a program with our short history.

Since CJL left, Skip has done a great job managing the APR but other than that he's been absolutely incompetent on every level. The players have not developed at all. Good coaches develop talent. True you aren't going to take 50 1 stars and turn them into first rounders, but you should be able to make them execute basic plays. The teams beating us are great examples. Look at their roster and they aren't loaded with 5 times the talent! Yet they're beating the hell out of us! Why? They know how to use the talent they have and they can MANAGE A GAME.

It won't matter what coordinators are brought in if the head coach doesn't have these three things:

1. Ability to develop players

2. Ability to inspire players and fans

3. Ability to manage the game

When you look at players since Holtz came, do you see guys who were unknowns now becoming draft worthy players? Guys like Selvie, Henry, Jenkins, Williams, Nicholas, McKenzie, etc.? Even guys who didn't make the NFL, but were great players who were borderline prospects.

Instead all you see are guys that were brought in who TOP PROGRAMS also had high hopes for and here they are 2-3 seasons later and they look no different than they did their first season. That's all HEAD COACHING.

Assistants take the lead from the coach. The players take on the personality of the coach for better or worse. This program had plenty of talent when CJL was let go. All we needed was someone who could take us just a step further in managing the game.

Now we have someone who not only has no clue how to manage a game, but can't drive development in players or schemes.

Physically, this team is not a 3 win team. That speaks to the disaster of the coaching job that USF has been subjected to and Woolard rewarding that was a mind blowing screw up. We'd been better for Holtz to get hired to a "better" program as that builds hype vs. what we are stuck with now. Better to have a coach hired away than fire him. If you were looking at two jobs in your career, which one would you want? The one job where they canned the guy due to performance or the job the guy is gone bc the territory kicked ass so much it got him promoted?

Woolard is great at facilities but it's amateur hour when it comes to these coaches and it's relfected in this situation. If in CJLs last season if you would've been told that WVU and others would've been off the schedule, would you not have all but bet the house we'd win this conference?

Don't forget how good this program was talent wise. We just needed a little more experience to get us over the top. Now we need a rebuilder. That's how bad Skip has dismantled this program due to his lack of ability to develop players and manage a program.

He's done NOTHING prior to USF to suggest he can turn it around. ECU? He had a freak at RB in Chris Johnson against highschool talent who couldn't tackle him. Without CJ, that team would've been lucky to win 3 games like we're seeing here.

Suck it up, fire the guy and let's move on. We don't have time with the realignment process to stick with Holtz. Our program is on life support and our only prayer is to catch lightning in a bottle and you can't do that without change.

Amen brother!

+200

+2 million

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Just saw this article, pretty crazy this could happen

Morgan State coach learns of a plan to fire him through an inadvertently forwarded email

"Emailing can be complicated.

There are so many buttons — reply, reply all, forward — and it's just too easy to confuse them all, just ask Morgan State athletic director Floyd Kerr.

Kerr, Tuesday, accidentally forwarded a plan to fire his head football coach to his head football coach Donald Hill-Eley. Eley, who is coming off a 3-8 season and has one year remaining on his contract, had no idea his job was in jeopardy, and other than an apology from Kerr, he's heard nothing about it since.

But at least he'll know the warning signs when he sees them.

The email, which was originally sent by Kevin Banks, Morgan State's vice president for student affairs, talked about honoring Hill-Eley's final year and possibly reassigning him to another post at the university. The email detailed the university's plan to search for a new coach this month and have a replacement in by January.

Hill-Eley told the Baltimore Sun that he's asked Kerr to direct any other communication to his agent.

Hill-Ely, 43, is 54-69 in 11 seasons at Morgan State, which is located in Baltimore, Md., but just finished his third consecutive losing season. Hill-Ely told the Baltimore Sun that despite a push from the university to be more competitive, he hasn't received the financial support to achieve the goal.

Obviously, in the heat of firing season, releasing a coach for cause has been a popular subject. Three consecutive losing seasons is a valid reason to part ways with a coach, but inadvertently letting him know via email is just bad. Very bad.

Kerr should have just owned up to it and said, "Yep, we're firing you. Sorry you had to find out like this, but the decision has been made." Now they have to exchange awkward glances in meetings and try to avoid each other in hallways. That's has to be awkward for everyone in the athletic department."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/morgan-state-coach-learns-plan-fire-him-inadvertently-004059077--ncaaf.html

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

Hem, we got your back. Unlike some who try to use your words to make money while concurrently trying to discredit you because you knew something sooner than they did, you sound earnest and honest. Also given the fact that you show up one time with a bit of information which you wanted to share, while your detractors always show up to try to discredit anyone who has info that the pay site mafia hasn't discerned yet makes you more credible and believeable to me. My advice, keep posting, ignore the chumps and be satisfied that 90% of what you originally claimed comes true.

I appreciate it, it's just frustrating. I'm not here to troll or post BS, I could care less who "scoops it first". I just thought everyone would want to know what I have heard and seen.

Look, we get it. You said something about people being afraid to post new info on here, that's just not true. People post new info all the time, they usually just have something to back it up. It's SOP.

I posted something about a series with Georgia Tech coming up, all the info I had was what my boss was telling me. No link to cite, no source to quote, etc. I'm not above posting something like you did, I did it recently, but the worst thing you can do on this board when you put yourself out on a limb, and the limb breaks, is to get defensive and lash out. A little laughing at yourself would be good medicine for all.

No big deal, carry on, but just wanted to add my 2 cents.

GaUSFBull, I love ya. I think your inside info on the the potential USF-GTech game made us all think regardless of whether it came to fruition. Had it not been for you, we would have never known. No "freedom of information act" request would have uncovered the info and hope you gave us. It helped us know the USF Admin was doing something - and that is good. So, for Hem, the same. Most did not believe, but, knowing about a discussion helps. I think we all know USF Football ain't working and ought to hold back judgment a little while longer.

Hem's not the same .... yet possibly. I believe Greg added a little credence to Ga's story. There's been no such corroboration on this one .... There's been enough misinformation flying around with the conference movements, don't really need to start adding this kind of stuff, too. You want to post something as fact rather than a possibility or rumor, fine ... just don't get pissy when you erroneously build some people's hopes up and it comes back to bite you in the ass.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

If Skip ever resigns from USF technically the title of this post will be correct.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Oh Crap,

Skippy wants to come back in 2013......

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I had my fingers crossed that I would wake up and read Holtz was fired; no such luck.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

If he does resign, its probably to move to one of the open BCS HC openings.

the team quit on him

and how can he now recruit after such a bad career at usf

his only option, if he isnt about the money is too quit

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Hem, we got your back. Unlike some who try to use your words to make money while concurrently trying to discredit you because you knew something sooner than they did, you sound earnest and honest. Also given the fact that you show up one time with a bit of information which you wanted to share, while your detractors always show up to try to discredit anyone who has info that the pay site mafia hasn't discerned yet makes you more credible and believeable to me. My advice, keep posting, ignore the chumps and be satisfied that 90% of what you originally claimed comes true.

I appreciate it, it's just frustrating. I'm not here to troll or post BS, I could care less who "scoops it first". I just thought everyone would want to know what I have heard and seen.

And I appreciate it also Hem.

Go BULLS !!!

Just go away Holtz!

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

And I appreciate it also Hem.

Go BULLS !!!

Just go away Holtz!

Yes

Judy go away Holtz. Texas may want you to help coach your son!!!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370

If he loses AW he should resign. He has no future here with the current state of QBs. By the way I'm not a hate Floyd wagon I'm on the 'How did anyone ever think that kid was the answer?'

AW is our future and even if Holtz doesn't resign I think this kid can be a start of something better on offense.

But really guys don't know many people that would volunteer to walk away from millions of dollars unless it was to their own benefit.